THIRTY-ONE;

After watching Max enter his house, Sam pulled back out of his driveway and headed back home

He was a bit nervous, being informed that Jake did know he was gay, it made him a little uneasy, but relieved in a sense. Sam spent so much time trying to figure out how to tell his mom and brother that he was bisexual, but he didn't want to bring his mother back down to the place she once felt when his dad told her he was gay.

Sam remembered the nights, he could hear his mother crying to herself, she would only do it late at night so no one could hear her, but Sam was a light sleeper and could hear it.

He was already worried that she took the pain and turned it in to anger against the wrong side. He remembered when his dad officially told them that he was gay, his mother spilled out the word fag in every sentence. The look his dad gave broke his heart, he looked so sad, the kind of sad that was seen in his eyes and wept through his soul.

Sam remembered listening to his own father apologize for being gay, as if he had anything to truly feel sorry for. He thinks his dad was just trying to calm the situation, but there was no calming down a tsunami. His mother had thrown things, screamed, cried and at one point had broke down on the floor, praying to a God she doesn't even believed in that this wasn't real.

Watching the scene at such a young age traumatized Sam, making him fight the fact he liked males at all. It wasn't until Elijah came into his life did he embrace his attraction to both genders.

Sam pulled into the driveway, taking a deep breath before getting out and heading back inside his house. He placed the keys back on the hook, entering the living room to see Jake sitting on the couch and playing Call Of Duty.

He walked over and sat down beside his brother, who just won his game, he returned to lobby and turned to Sam,"Glad you got home safe, but if my truck is messed up, it won't be for long."

"She's back in one piece." Samuel said, "Also, I'm mom's favorite if you hurt me you'll be dead."

Jake squinted his eyes, "Appears we have a checkmate."

"I have a question." Sam started, "Do you hate dad?"

Jake paused for a moment, "That was sudden." He stated, "But I did hate him. I hated him for hurting mom, as a child you want to protect your mom and when he left her I couldn't. I couldn't make him not be gay and I couldn't make him come back. So for a while all I did was hate him, I guess as I got older I started to understand the situation more. I realized that my dad just wanted to be free and being locked down with mom didn't let him do so. I talked to him, when I was ready, he explained how he wanted to be in our lives, but mom wouldn't let him. He figured that it's still too much for her, so he backed off, he wanted us to come to him. I didn't want to tell you that, because I wanted you to talk to him when you're ready. Just know that when you do, he is waiting."

Tears formed in Samuel's eyes, once Jake saw, he quickly placed his controlled down and hugged his younger brother. "Hey, hey, it's okay."

"Jake," Sam started, "I'm bisexual."

This caused Jake to hug his baby brother even tighter, he patted Sam's back.

"And that's okay."