TWENTY-ONE;

Sam was taken back by the confession, as it was sudden and he truly never prepared for this, he only prepared himself for the heartbreak of the day Elijah rejects him

Yet— here he was, holding onto the male who has been in love with for years, who just spoke the word love and it was directed towards food. It was directed towards Sam.

"You do?" Sam question filling the silence, and pulling away from Elijah.

The long haired male nodded his head, "I really do."

"How did you find out that you did?" Sam asked.

The question made Elijah shrugged, unsure how to answer it. "Well, I think after I saw you with Max, I started to get jealous? I think, but today when all you did was talk about him, it started to build. I hated that you were so focused on him."

"So if it wasn't for Max, you wouldn't have even known you liked me? It took someone else showing interest in me, for you to care? Eli, I spent so much time trying to get you to notice me and to stop crawling into some strangers bed every chance you got, but you never even looked my way twice. Now, you're confessing your love for me, because you're only scared of losing me." Sam spoke, "do you know how much that hurts me?" His voice started to shake a bit, as his eyes started watering.

"I never wanted you to change, but dammit Eli, I wanted you to stop looking for love in other people's beds. I wanted you to notice me, to see me as more than a friend, but if the only way you'd ever do that was if I was close to someone else, I don't think I truly want it." Sam stated.

Elijah paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "Sam, I'm sorry it took this long for me to notice you and that it took someone else for me to consider you. I just always thought you wanted to be friends, because that's what we were. We teased each other and fooled around, but I truly in my heart didn't think it was ever going to be more than friends. I though that's what you wanted, so I pushed how I felt aside. Even at the time, I didn't know I was feeling this type of way for you." Elijah stated.

Elijah stopped for a moment, before continuing, "It took Max to bring back those unclear feelings I had for you and I didn't know how to handle it. So I hid, like I always did when it came to tough times."

"Do you actually love me? Or do you just want to make sure no one else can have me?" Sam asked, "I want you to think very clearly on this. I don't want an answer now, I want you to truly take time." The male finished. "For now, we can acknowledge each other's feelings and understand them, but let's not do anything until we are both sure of what we want."

Elijah nodded, "I understand."

"I'm really glad we both know each other's feelings, so we can work on how not to hurt them." Sam said.

"So no more sleeping around for me?" Elijah asked, his voice laced with teasing.

Sam raised a brow, "You can sleep around, but I'd like to see you sleep around when you're in a coma for five months." He said, holding up his fist.

"Um, Sam, what do we tell Max?" Elijah asked, making Sam drop his fist and frown.

"I did say I was gonna fuck him and I'd like to stay true to my promise."

"Imma kill myself, gently."