THIRTY-THREE;

Sam had woken up to his alarm going off

Sam had woken up to his alarm going off. He groaned, grabbing his phone and turning off the noise. He soon noticed he was in his room, with his phone connected to the charger.

He realized Jake must of lifted him up and carried him to bed, just like when the pair was younger and Sam would make Jake stay up with him, waiting on their dad to come back home.

Sam held so much love for Jake, his brother always allowed him to hope and even when he was constantly carrying Samuel to bed, he never once said dad wasn't coming home. He let his little brother stay up late, fall asleep and just kept saying tomorrow is the day.

As Sam turned off his alarm, he saw a couple missed called from Max and a few text messages from Elijah, one including a shirtless photo and a very suggestive text.

He went to his call log and clicked on Max, calling the other back. Max was quick to answer, "Hi." He greeted.

"I saw you called last night, I went to bed early and couldn't answer. Is everything okay?" Sam questioned.

The line went silent for a moment, "No, it's not actually."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Samuel asked.

The younger could hear some movement from the other side, "I want to see you and Elijah."

"Okay, text me your dorm number." Sam replied, "I'll talk to Elijah and we'll be there soon."

There was a long pause, "You'll actually come, right?" Max asked, his voice sounding shaky and unsure.

"Yeah, don't worry about anything else, okay?" Sam said, "I'll be there soon."

"Okay." Max replied.

"Okay." Sam repeated, letting the other hang up the phone before he called Eli.

It took a few rings before he got a groggy, "What?"

"Babe, Max called and he doesn't sound like he's doing well mentally. He wants us to go to him." Sam explained.

The line went silent for a moment before he heard some shuffling, "Okay, okay, okay, shit, you can come get me right?" Elijah spoke, his voice filling with panic.

"Calm down, please, you can not got over there freaking out. I'll get you, just get dressed and I'll be there soon. Don't worry, okay?" Sam reassured.

He heard Eli take a deep breath. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah." Sam replied, "Go get ready."

"Okay." Elijah spoke.

"Okay." Sam repeated, before the other hung up the phone.

Sam was quick to change out of the clothes he slept in, he went into the hall bathroom, placed on some deodorant and brushed his hair before heading down stairs.

He saw Jake in the kitchen, eating a waffle with nothing on it. When the pair made eye contact, Jake greeted his little brother. "Sammie." He smiled.

Samuel stopped and went over to Jake, "I'm in a bit of a rush, is everything alright?"

"What's wrong?" Jake asked, his smile now replaced with worry.

The younger shook his head, "I'm okay, it's someone else I care about."

"Don't let me keep you waiting." Jake said.

"You're not going to ask anything else?" Sam questioned.

Jake patted his brother's head. "I know your heart, it's never been in the wrong place." He explained, "I trust that you're making the best decision, you haven't proven me wrong yet."

The older brother was surprised to receive a quick hug from Sam, who blurted out, "I love you."

"I love you too, little bro."

Sam pulled back, sending a kind smile to Jake before grabbing the keys to his mom's car and heading out the door.

He got to Elijah's house in about ten minutes, the male was waiting in the driveway, biting at his nails.

When he saw Sam, he was quick to walk closer to the car and as soon as Sam parked, he was getting in. "Let's go." He spoke as soon as he was buckled in.

"Eli, you have to relax, if you go in there freaking out, you won't be able to give Max the support he needs, okay?" Sam explained, "He needs us right now and we have to be there for him."

Elijah took a deep breath, "Okay, let's go." Sam placed a hand in Eli's thigh, rubbing it softly to soothe the other as he pulled out of the driveway.

In about twenty minutes, they made it to the dorms, Sam looking at the message from Max, "Room one two seven."

"You read that weird." Elijah commented, making Sam rolled his eyes as they entered the building.

As they were entering, a girl was leaving, bumping into Sam and knocking the smaller over. The lady didn't even take a glance back, "What a bitch." Elijah commented helping the other up.

"It doesn't even matter, let's just go to Max." Samuel spoke, dusting himself off.

The pair walked the large complex, finally finding the door. Sam was quick to knock, receiving a small, "Come on."

Sam opened the door, the two walking in and both letting out a gasp of horror at what they saw.

__________________

It's time to introduce Jake:

___________________