TWENTY-SIX;

"It's getting late, we gotta get these two home

"It's getting late, we gotta get these two home." Jake said to Sam, referring to Max and Elijah who were finishing up their dinner.

Sam nodded his head in agreement, "I'll drive them home."

"Are you sure?" Jake asked.

Sam nodded his head again. "Yeah, since they are both technically here, because of me."

"Alright, I'm trusting you won't kill everyone." He teased, ruffling his brother's hair, "it gives me time to work on my homework I forgot to do last minute." Jake added, before exiting the kitchen and heading upstairs to his room.

Once Jake was gone, Eli perked up and went over to Sam. "I'm staying the night, right?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, you're going home. I'm dropping you both off so make sure you have everything." Sam stated, grabbing the keys for the truck.

Max sighed, "I forgot something."

"What did you forget? Go grab it." Sam stated, turning to face Max, who was only inches away from Sam.

"I forgot this." Max said, leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to Sam's lips.

A small little gasp and happy noise was made from Elijah, who got to see the small interaction up close.

Max pulled away with a soft small on his face, as he bypassed Sam and headed out the door.

The asian looked at Elijah, who had a big smile on his face. "Eek! That was so cute! I could never be that smooth."

Sam's face flushed at the comment. "If you don't shut up, you're walking home."

"Oh how you break my heart." Elijah spoke, before slowly falling to floor and grabbing where his heart is, "You've hurt me."

"I'm about to physically hurt you in a minute if you don't get off the floor you dramatic whore." Sam stated.

Elijah was quick to stand back up, dusting off himself a bit, "ya know what, it doesn't hurt that bad." He teased, pressing a kiss to Sam's cheek before heading out the door after Max.

Sam shook his head, following the pair out the door, closing it and locking it, before going to Jake's truck.

"Ugh! We are driving his truck!" Elijah whined out, "it's too small."

"That's what she said." Max replied.

Elijah deadpan to Max, "you did not just do that, make him walk home!"

"Why don't you start screaming, I don't think the stress across from us heard you." Sam sassed, "now both of you get in the truck."

"Who gets the middle seat?" Max asked, looking at Elijah.

"Nah bruv, you got your panties in a twist if you think for a second I'm sitting in the middle of the cramped up truck."

"How's the middle seat?"

"Fuck off," Elijah mumbled, angrily.

Sam giggled at the statement. "Hey, you're the one who just couldn't sit in the middle when asked."

"He picked me up like a fucking sack of potatoes! What am I suppose to do? Wiggle out of that? I could break my neck and die!" Eli protested.

Max rolled his eyes, "If only you weigh as much as a sack of potatoes."

"You manhandled me and you're complaining? If anyone picks me up, I'm dead weight, I am not helping you carry me one fucking bit. What you want me to be like, 'oh dear, you poor kidnapper you must be tired for carrying me, here let me help you', is that what you want?" Elijah asked.

Max nodded his head, "yes can then you'd at least be somewhere else and away from me."

"Oh how you hurt me. How will I ever recover? My poor poor broken heart. You ruined me, I'm broken now!"

"Keep talking like that and I'll kiss you."

"You both keep talking and I'm going to ram us into a tree."

Eli turned to Sam, "why did we let the person with the least amount of will to live drive?"

"Same reason we let the most annoying one sit in the middle. We keep making mistake." Max retorted.

"That looks like a nice tree."