ELEVEN;

Max watched the scene, the smile on Sam's face slowly faded, before being replaced with that of a fake one

"You're only lucky that I like you more then Jake." Sam joked, slowly pulling away from Elijah and getting a slice of pizza.

Elijah laughed at the statement, "I'm like your cooler brother." He spoke.

Yet again, Sam's face dropped, but his back was turned away from Elijah as he grabbed his food, but Max was still able to see his face fall into that of a sad frown.

Oh, how Max wanted to smack some sense into Eli, but it wasn't his place. He was a stranger to the two and didn't know how deep their friendship actually was.

Instead he decided to change the topic, in hopes of removing the frown on Samuel's face. "Are you any good at Mario Cart?" He asked, "because I bet I can bear you."

Elijah perked up at the challenge. "Is that so?" He questioned, "a bet? What would you want if you won?"

The taller of the pair thought for a moment, "you have to answer five questions for me, honestly."

The long haired male nodded, "and if I win, I want to watch you and Sam make out."

"I want to die." Sam said, taking a large bite of his pizza. "I wasn't even in fith." He added.

Max nodded, "you got a deal," He spoke, proudly.

"No deal!" Samuel said, swallowing his food, "I, a third party can not be involved in this bet."

The caused the tutor to laugh. "Don't worry, I'm so good at Mario Cart, he won't win."

"No, Eli is really good!" Sam protested, "it was the only game he owned for so long so it was all he played, you can not agree to this."

Max shook his head, "do you not want to kiss me that much?"

A blush found it's way to the Asian male's cheeks, "oh, um, I didn't not, well it wasn't, no I mean-"

"Either way this bet goes, I still win." Max commented, which led to Sam's cheeks turning a dark red and him to quickly leave the kitchen to go talk to his brother who was on the couch, controller in hand as he played what appeared to be Minecraft.

Sam had sat down, next to Jake, watching the male build.

While in the kitchen stood Elijah and Max, a silence coming over the pair.

After a moment, Eli finally spoke, breaking the quiet. "Why do you want to ask me questions?"

"To understand you better." Max said, shrugging a bit.

Elijah hummed, walking over to Max and closing the space between the two. "Yeah, but why not just ask me now?"

"If I bet you to answer questions truthfully, you'd have not choice but to be honest. If I ask you questions without there being anything laid out about lying, you could just lie and avoid them." Max said, "like if I were to ask you how many sexual partners you had, you would probably lie to either make me feel better or yourself."

Elijah stared at Max for a moment, "twenty six."

"Huh?" Max replied confused.

The long hair male crossed his arms over his chest, "I've slept with twenty six people."

"Twenty six." The taller repeated, making Eli nod his head.

Before Max was given time to add in to his statement, Elijah already went and grabbed himself some pizza, before he left the kitchen, he turned back to Max, a small smirk placed on his lips.

"It's going to be twenty seven, soon."