THIRTY-FOUR;

The dorm room was a mess and Max was sitting on the edge of his bed, his face hidden in his hands as he was hunched over and shaking

The pair paused for a moment, both trying to fully process the situation and figure out how to approach the unknown matter.

Sam was the first to move, kneeling down in front of Max, not a word was spoken, as he gently placed a hand on the male's knee, offering some physical support. It didn't take long for Max to crumble before the other, as he leaned down and embrace the other in his arms.

The two stayed silent as Sam comforted the other, the only sound was the soft sobbing coming from Max.

After a bit of Elijah awkwardly standing there, he finally broke the silence. "Can we talk about what's going on?" He asked, not sure if Max was ready to do so.

Said male, let go of Sam and pulled back a bit, wiping his face of the shedding tears and nodded his head.

"My ex came to visit." He explained, taking a breath to collect himself, "She wanted us to repair our relationship. I told her no, so she started to guilt me, saying she's changed and that she misses me. She kept telling me that she wants to fix our relationship. When I told her that she can't fix what she broke, she got mad. She started yelling at me, scaring me and calling me worthless and a loser, just like she use to." Max took another deep breath, trying to hold back the tears and choke them down.

"She started throwing things, she has never done that before, I'm use to her yelling and hitting me, but never did she throw things, so I freaked out and ran into the bathroom and locked the door, that's when I called you. Right after the call ended she was banging on the bathroom door, calling me a coward and a bitch. After she had given up, she said she would be back later and I'm so fucking scared." Max finished, hiding his face back in his hands and began sobbing once more.

All the memories and trauma he thought he had finally recovered from, came back and he was once again reliving the flashbacks from his first relationship.

"Your ex use to hit you?" Elijah asked, his voice filled with concern. Max nodded his head. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" The long haired male questioned.

"She convinced me that no one would ever care about me and that if I even thought about telling anyone she would lie and say I raped her. Which according to her is easy to lie about, since we had sex often." Max replied, "Now I'm reliving this hell."

Sam pulled Max back into a hug, "No, you're not reliving it, you have us now and we will help you and keep you safe."

"I don't think you understand how bad she truly is. She lied about being pregnant, told me since I didn't love her she killed the baby. At one point she figured out I wanted to leave and forced herself on to me, thinking all I wanted was sex to stay. She hit me so hard in the face that I - I blacked out and couldn't see right for several days." Max said, resting his head on Sam's shoulder.

After he told the pair just how bad the relationship was, Sam looked at Eli, their eyes held the same look. Shock.

Their boyfriend had dealt with so much and kept it to himself, now he feels as if he once again the teenager in a toxic relationship.

"Come with us, back to my house." Sam said.

"Why?" Max questioned.

"You have two boyfriends who want to show you what real love feels like."