>🐍<

Episode 4: The Tactician of Scalding Sands

Episode 4-31: Longing for Approval! + Episode 4-32: Broken Spell! + Episode 4-33: Scarabia Finale!

🔹

Quiinn P. O. V

Wha

Wha.... what's that voice??? Where am I?

I stood up and rubbed my eyes as if I just woke up from my sleep. This is.... don't tell me.....

"Let’s play, Jamil~! I’m gonna win against you this time for sure!"

That voice....yeah, definitely in another endless empty space of a void. Wait, what am I talking about. I'm spouting nonsense.

"Again? I always win, you know? I wanna play something else, too…"

...Jamil and Kalim? Is this when they're a kid? Well obviously.

"Jamil! How dare you talk to Master Kalim like that!"

"Ow…!"

"Master Kalim, thank you for always inviting my foolish son to play with you."

"We are truly blessed to have such a kind-hearted master."

"The very first memories I could remember were Kalim, his parents, and my own parents boxing my ears.
I hated seeing all of them."

Jamil....

"Listen, Jamil… When you’re dueling, make sure you lose on purpose the third time, okay? Don’t try to one-up Master Kalim." Says Jamil's father to his child and his mother chimes in. "We know that you’re a smart child, so… You understand how we feel, don’t you?"

"…… I know."

"Kalim’s parents were always better than my parents. That’s why… Kalim should be better than me, too. That’s why, I could never surpass Kalim when it comes to studying, exercise, and even playing—Every time I was with Kalim, I had to pretend to be incompetent." I hear you, Jamil. Tho, I can't understand your pain. Because it's not the same as mine....

"Jamil, look! I won first place at the dance festival! Ahaha! I did it~ 3 wins, 2 losses! It’s my victory! I got 75 points thanks to your help, Jamil! What? You got 70 points…? I see. Cheer up, okay?" Oh Kalim, how clueless of you.

"You didn’t win against me. I just lost on purpose. You’re always so carefree. Get a clue, you fool!"

"You’re making me the Prefect…? I don’t really get it, but leave it to me!
Right, Jamil~?"