Heart of Darkness [3]

"I don't think that hot chocolate's gonna drink itself," Booth said as he and Jack took a seat next to Henry.

"You're upset about your teacher, aren't you?" Jack asked.

"She didn't do it." Henry said, "Why can't anyone see that?"

"'Cause most people just see what's right in front of them."

"I don't think you're gonna find the answers you want at the bottom of that mug," Booth claimed.

"Then where?" Henry asked as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

"That a book in your bag? You know I'm a writer. So I'm partial to finding my answers in a literary form,"

"It's just a book,"

"Is it?" Jack asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah,"

"I think we all know that that's not the case." Booth said looked over at Ruby "Can I get a water, please?"

Henry looked between Jack and Booth "What do you know about it?"

"I know it's a book of stories," Jack said.

"Aren't all books?"

"Stories that really happened," Booth added.

"You think my book is real?"

"As real as we are," Jack said.

"How do you know?"

Jack and Booth shared a look.

"Let's just say that we're believers," Booth said.

"And we want to help others see the light," Jack said. "That, my friend, is why we're here,"

"But I already believe," Henry argued.

"Well, we're not here for you, buddy." Booth admitted "I'm here for Emma,"

Henry looked over at Jack.

"I'm here for Kayla," Jack replied.

"So you want to get them to believe? Why don't you just tell them?" Henry wondered.

"Well, there are some people, like you, me, and Jack," Booth explained "we can go on faith. But others, like Emma, they need proof,"

"Last time I tried to find proof, I got trapped in a sinkhole,"

"There are less dangerous places to look," Jack pointed out as he took out Henry's book and placed it in front of the boy.

~ Enchanted Forest ~

Prince Charming knelt down next to some tracks and looked ahead, drawing his sword upon seeing the undressed knight "Put your hands where I can see them,"

The knight turned around, revealing how he was covering his dignity.

"Uh, on second thought, don't." Prince Charming reached behind him and tossed the knight a blanket. "Who did this?"

"She's crazy. She had a pickax. She threatened to skin me!" The knight proclaimed as he used the blanket to cover himself.

"The Evil Queen?"

"No. Snow White,"

Prince Charming aimed his sword at the man's throat "What?"

"She said she wanted to kill the Queen. I've never seen someone so bloodthirsty,"

"No. Snow is not bloodthirsty. She is not a killer. I know her,"

"Maybe you don't,"

~ Storybrooke ~