Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

Henry rode up on his bike to the Castle Playground as Jack exited his squad car.

"Hey, kid." Jack greeted

Henry rode right by him

"Good to see you, too!"

"The storm!" Henry hopped off his bike and approached the severely damaged castle.

"It's okay, we can fix it! I'll talk to Marco,"

"I think it's still here!" Henry dug in the ground at the base of the structure.

"What are you looking for?"

"My book!"

"Why'd you bury it here?"

"So my mom doesn't find it,"

"Hiding it under your mattress wasn't good enough?"

"That's the first place the Evil Queen would look," Henry unearthed a box.

"How 'bout leaving it with me and Kayla?"

"That's the second place," Henry opened the box, revealing the storybook inside "Good,"

"So your mom doesn't know about the castle?"

"No, this is our secret," Henry closed the box and began reburying it.

"You sure about that," Jack nodded towards where Regina was approaching them from her parked car.

"Henry? Henry! I've been looking everywhere for you! You know you have a session with Archie this morning." Regina looked at Jack "Would have thought he'd be hanging with Emma."

Jack smiled "Always a pleasure Madame Mayor,"

"Henry, car! Now."

Henry headed for the car

"I can't believe she lets him play here,"

Jack looked over the damage of the castle "The storm hit it pretty hard, but we can fix it,"

"Well, can you fix a cracked cranium? 'Cause that's what you'll have on your hands if one of these boards collapses under his weight. She's not thinking about Henry or his safety, just ways around me. Mister Harkness, ensure that Miss Swan knows not to let her feelings cloud her judgment, people could get hurt," Regina stormed off.

"Oh if only you knew," Jack sighed

***

Emma was sitting with Mary Margaret and Kayla as Jack relayed Regina's message. "Don't let my feelings cloud my judgment? That's all Regina ever does,"

"She's just upset because you and Henry have a special place and she...she doesn't,"

"How'd she find out about the castle in the first place?"

Kayla shrugged "She knows everything about this town, she's the Mayor,"

Mary Margaret's phone vibrated. She picked it up and looked at it. It was a message from David that read 'We need to talk. Meet at our spot'.

Kayla raised an eyebrow "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just need to go." Mary Margaret got up quickly and left.

Kayla watched Mary Margaret leave before returning her attention to Emma "Look, if it makes you feel any better, I think you're right. I see the effect she has on Henry,"

"I wish everyone else did, too," Emma muttered

"I can grant your wish," Sidney said as he took Mary Margaret's place