The Price of Gold

A group of well-dressed women walked to a carriage and got in. The carriage headed off, leaving behind a scruffy looking woman. In the background, there was a castle. There were fireworks being set off. A fairy appeared and flew towards Cinderella.

"Do not despair, my dear. You will attend that ball," The fairy said

"Who are you?" Cinderella asked

The fairy transformed into a woman. "I'm your fairy godmother. And I'm here to change your life, Cinderella,"

"But, my stepmother told me that I couldn't go. She forbade me to leave,"

"Your stepmother doesn't have this. This wand has the power to take you to your ball, to your prince, and to-" The fairy godmother suddenly disintegrated, dropping her wand. Rumpelstiltskin appeared and picked it up.

"What...What did you do?"

"Now, now. I got what I wanted." Rumpelstiltskin told her "There's no need to be frightened,"

"No need? You just killed my fairy godmother. She was trying to help me,"

"Was she? Do you know what this is?" Rumpelstiltskin held up the wand.

"Pure magic,"

"Pure evil. Trust me-I've done you a favor. All magic comes with a price. Go on back to your life and thank your lucky stars you still got something to go back to,"

"My life...It's wretched,"

"Then change it. You can't handle this," Rumpelstiltskin turned to leave.

"Wait. Please, wait. I can handle it. Please. I will do anything to get out of here. Anything,"

"Anything?"

"Do you know how to use that wand, Mr...?"

"Rumpelstiltskin. And yes, of course, I do,"

"Then help me,"

"Well, if I do, and you can, indeed, shoulder the consequences, then you'll owe me a favor,"

"Name it. What do you want?"

"Something...precious,"

"I have nothing,"

"Ob, but you will. With this wish, will come riches more than you know,"

"I care nothing for riches. I'll give you anything you want. Just get me out of here,"

"Now we're talking,"

"Well, how does it work?"

"Fear not! My needs are small and all you have to do is sign on the dotted line," Rumpelstiltskin took out a long contract. "Do we have a deal?"

"Yes. Yes, thank you," Cinderella signed the contract. Rumpelstiltskin then waved the wand and she turned into a princess, complete with glass slippers.

"Ta-dah!"

"Glass?"

"Every story needs a memorable detail. Let's see how they fit, shall we? Now, you have a good time. But be sure to watch the clock,"

~Storybrooke~

Emma and Henry were walking down the main street.

"You sure we can be out in the open?" Henry asked

"Enough sneaking around. If you mom has a problem with me walking you to a school bus, I am more than happy to have that chat," Emma replied

"You're brave. We'll need that for Operation Cobra. Speaking of-do you think we need code names?"