Skin Deep

Belle, Gaston, Maurice, a steward, and several others studied a map of nearby regions.

"Sir, there's news from the battlefield." The Steward reported "Avonlea has fallen,"

"Oh, my gods..." Maurice muttered

"If only he had come..." Gaston said"

"Well he didn't, did he?" Maurice crossed the room "Ogres are not men," he sat down in on the throne seat.

"We have to do something, we have to stop them,"

Belle crossed the room to Maurice.

"They are...unstoppable," Maurice claimed

"He could be on his way right now, Papa," Belle assured

"It's too late, my girl. It's just...too late," There was a banging at the door.

"That's him! That has to be him,"

Everyone approached the door.

"How could he get paste the walls?" Maurice wondered "Open it!"

Some guards opened the door; revealing no one standing in the hall.

"Well, that was a bit of a letdown!" Rumplestiltskin said from where he was sitting on Maurice's throne. "You sent me a message, something about, 'help! Help! We're dying. Can you save us?'"

Gaston pointed his sword at Rumplestiltskin

"Well the answer is..." Rumplestiltskin smacked the blade away "Yes, I can. Yes, I can protect your little town...for a price,"

"We sent you a promise of gold," Maurice reminded

"Ah...now, you see, um...I uh...make gold. What I want is something a bit more special. My price...is her," Rumplestiltskin pointed to Belle.

"No,"

Gaston shielded Belle with his arm "The young lady is engaged...to me,"

"I wasn't asking if she was engaged. I'm not looking for love! I'm looking for a caretaker...for my rather large estate. It's her, or no deal," Rumplestiltskin said

"Get out." Maurice pointed toward the door "Leave!"

Gaston pulled Belle back with his arm.

"As you wish," Rumplestiltskin walked toward the door.

"No, wait!" Belle exclaimed causing Rumplestiltskin to stop and turn as she crossed towards him "I will go with him,"

"I forbid it, Belle!" Gaston argued

"No one decides my fate but me! I shall go,"

"It's forever, dearie," Rumplestiltskin explained

"My family, my friends...they will all live?"

"You have my word,"

"Then you have mine. I will go, with you, forever,"

"Deal!"

"Belle...Belle...you cannot do this! Belle, please!" You cannot go with this...beast," Maurice protested

"Father...Gaston...it's been decided," Belle said

"You know, she's right." Rumplestiltskin said "The deal is struck. Oh, congratulations on your little war!"

~ Storybrooke ~

In Storybrooke, it was the day before Valentine's Day as Moe was unloading flowers from his delivery truck service Game of Thorns. "Well, this is just perfect." Mr. Gold said "I've been looking for you, Mr. French,"