Desperate Souls

Baelfire entered the house where Rumplestiltskin was spinning. "Papa, Papa! They've come for Morraine,"

Rumplestiltskin grabbed his cane and he and Baelfire left the tent.

"No! No! Please!" Morraine's father pleaded.

"No! No! No!" Morraine's mother sobbed

"No. No. Please! Please!"

"No. Don't take her! No. You can't take her. She's my baby. Don't take my baby,"

"Nonsense. She is a fine, strong girl. She'll make a fine soldier," Hordor proclaimed

"It's a mistake. She's turning fourteen. ONLY FOURTEEN," Moraine's father argued

"AT THE ORDERS OF THE DUKE! The Ogre Wars have taken their toll this season. More troops will turn the tie,"

"They lowered the age again, Papa," Baelfire noted

"I know," Rumplestiltskin said

"Take her." Hordor ordered a few soldiers "She'll ride with me,"

"No!" Morraine's Mother cried out

"No, you can't have her," Morraine's father said

Morraine's mother tried to attack Hordor with a knife.

The Dark One strangled her and the father using magic.

Morraine's Mother was forced to stop.

"The Dark One seems to think I can," Hordor and Morrain left on horseback.

"My birthday is in three days. They'll come for me in three days," Baelfire said

"We'll find a way. We'll find a way," Rumplestiltskin reassured as he put a protective arm around Baelfire.

"No!" Morraine's Mother whined.

~ Storybrooke ~

Emma entered Mr. Gold's shop, causing the doorbell to ring as she entered and closed the door. "Gold? In here?"

"Well, it is my shop..." Mr. Gold muttered to himself.

Emma entered the back of Gold's shop. She smelled something unpleasant "Whoa! What is that?"

"Now, this is lanolin used for waterproofing,"

"Smells like livestock,"

"Well, it is the reason why sheep's pelt repel water,"

"It stinks! Uhm. If there was a reason why you called the Sheriff's department. If you wanna talk about that quickly or...outside,"

"Yes." Mr. Gold stood up, coming around his table "I just wanted to express my condolences to Miss. Smith, really. The sheriff was a good man. You're still wearing the deputy's badge?"

Emma looked down surprised.

"Well, he's been gone for two weeks now. And I believe after two weeks of acting as sheriff the job becomes yours...unless Mr. Harkness already took the position?"

"We're just not in a hurry," Emma reasoned "So, uhm...thank you for the kind words, I'll be sure to relay them to Kayla," she prepared to leave the shop.

Mr. Gold followed "I have his things,"

"What?" Emma asked turning around startled

"The sheriff. He rented an apartment that I own. Another reason for my call really, I wanted to offer you and Miss. Smith a keepsake,"