Hat Trick [3]

~ Storybrooke ~

Kayla groaned as she woke up. She looked around and saw that she was still in the living area of Jefferson's mansion. Kayla threw her head back in frustration, realizing her stupidity of being so trusting towards people.

"Glad to see someone's awake," Jefferson said as he came back into the room.

Kayla struggled away but froze when Jefferson brought out a sharp pair of scissors.

Jefferson moved to Kayla's legs and cut the tape that bound them. He pulled Kayla up and slid the gag from her mouth.

"What do you want from me?"

"You'll find out. But for now, I have something to show you," Jefferson said as he lead her through the halls.

The duo stopped in front of a door.

Kayla held her breath as Jefferson turned the knob.

"I found your dog," Jefferson said, revealing Mary Margaret bound and gagged to a chair in the room.

"Kayla!" Mary Margaret mumbled in her gag.

"Mary Margaret!" Kayla moved but Jefferson quickly tugged her back.  "It's gonna be okay," she assured her friend as Jefferson closed the door.

"You wanted to know what I wanted from you. I need you to do something for me,"

~ Enchanted Forest ~

Jefferson walked through the Evil Queen's castle.

The Evil Queen turned when he arrived "Jefferson." She greeted "So good to see you looking more like yourself. I assume you're here because you've reconsidered my offer,"

Jefferson thought back to the Bad Wolf's message "I want your guarantee that if I do what you ask, my daughter will want for nothing,"

"You have my word. Now, let's open that box of yours and see what it can do,"

Jefferson opened the Hat Box and took out a top hat.

The Evil Queen laughed when she saw the tattered hat "I do so like a man who dresses for the occasion,"

Jefferson placed the hat on the ground and spun it. "Step back,"

The Hat continued to spin around causing a wind to shake the room until a purple portal appeared.

"After you!" Jefferson told the Evil Queen, shouting from roaring winds.

"Together," The Evil Queen told Jefferson, not fully trusting him.

"Hold on!"

Jefferson and the Evil Queen jumped through the portal.

~ Storybrooke ~

Kayla stumbled through the door that Jefferson pushed her through "I don't know what you think you're doing, but if you hurt my friend, I swear I'll make you regret it,"

Jefferson smirked as he brushed a thumb against Kayla's chin "There's my little wolf,"

Kayla scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. "I'm sorry?"

"Don't play stupid. I see how you and that Captain play house. You remember,"

"Remember what?"

"The curse,"

"What curse?"

"The one keeping us all trapped. All except Emma and you,"

"Have you been reading Henry's book?"

"Henry? You mean the Queen's father?"

"Henry, the Mayor's adopted kid," Kayla corrected.

"Oh, Henry. Emma's Henry. And his book of stories. The ones that you choose to ignore. Maybe if you knew what I know, you wouldn't. For the last 28 years, I've been stuck in this house." Jefferson looked around the room they were in. "Day after day. Always the same. Until one night, Emma and her little yellow bug roll into town. And the clock ticks. And things start to change. You see, I know what you refuse to acknowledge, Wolf. You're special,"

"You're insane," Kayla hissed.

"Because I speak the truth? I'm talking about what I've seen. Perhaps you're the mad one,"

"Really?"

"What's crazier than seeing and not believing? Because that's exactly what you've been doing. Open your eyes. Look around. Wake up," Jefferson held up a timefob.

Kayla looked at the watch in wonder, recognizing it from her dreams "Where did you get that?"

"You gave it to me." Jefferson marveled at the watch in his hand "You told me that it was a piece of you,"

Kayla reached for the item as she heard the whispers grow louder, but Jefferson pulled it back

"I want you to get it to work,"

"Then take it to a watchsmith," Kayla shrugged only to grunt when Jefferson forced her into a chair. She looked to see a top hat sitting on the table in front of her.

"You're the only one that can do this. You're gonna get it to work.

~ Enchanted Forest ~

The Evil Queen and Jefferson landed in a room that was filled with a variety of doors.

"I forgot how magnificent you are," The Evil Queen breathed as she observed the room.

"I'm not here to relive the past, I'm here for my daughter," Jefferson reminded. He walked up to a door that was similar to a mirror "Here. This is the entrance. We must stick together. The same amount of people that go through has to come back. No more, no less. It's the hat's rule, not mine,"

The Evil Queen brushed her hand along the gold lining of the door "I understand,"

Jefferson reached a hand through the mirror causing it to ripple.

The Evil Queen followed after Jefferson and the duo arrived in a land where it seemed they had shrunk as the mushrooms were their size and the grass was taller than them.

The Evil Queen gasped when a giant caterpillar moved on top of a mushroom to look down at them.

Jefferson merely smirked.

"Who are you?" The Caterpillar voiced, circles of smoke escaping its mouth with each word it spoke. "Who? Who?"

Jefferson grimaced when he was hit head-on by the caterpillar's smoke "I hate Wonderland,"