That Still Small Voice

A crowd was gathered around a puppet show. While they were distracted, a young boy pickpocketed various people. He went unnoticed and snuck away. Later, the boy emptied out the coins he had stolen. His parents were with him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Careful! Careful!" The father said

"Don't let those coins roll away," the mother said

"No, they might...disappear," The father did a magic trick. He made a coin disappear and then suddenly reappeared. "Whoa, whoa. Look at that!"

The boy, Jiminy, pulled out a small cage with a cricket inside. "Oh, a cricket! I love crickets!"

"Crickets are trouble. Noisy bugs," the mother claimed

"But they get to do whatever they want! Hopping from place to place...They're free,"

"You're free,"

"To do what we want," The father said

"To be who we want,"

"To be who you are,"

"And you are who you are,"

"Well, maybe I want to be something else. Maybe I don't want to steal. Maybe I want to be good," Jiminy proclaimed

"All that from a cricket,"

"Told ya-trouble," The mother said

"Good is another word for weak,"

"Let us do the thinking for you,"

"That's what parents are for,"

"To help you,"

"You are you are and there's no changing you, Jiminy. Right?"

"Right," Jiminy said

"Right. Problem solved,"

~Real World~

Henry and Archie were in Archie's office having a session. "You weren't always a cricket,"

"I weren't always-Oh, right." Archie said "Because, um...Because you think I'm Jiminy Cricket. Why...Why do you...Why do you think that, Henry?"

"It's just because of who you are,"

"And what am I?"

"You're a conscience. You help people see right from wrong,"

"So, all the crickets in Storybrooke-they were once people, too?"

"There aren't any crickets here. Listen,"

"Maybe it isn't light enough,"

"There's never been crickets here. You've just never noticed,"

"So, you think that's proof that there's a curse?"

"Yes, but I know it's not enough. I'm looking for more,"

"So, Henry, look. I asked you this once before and you said you'd think about it. Why do you think it's so important that this is real?"

"It...It just is,"

"Alright. Well, keep thinking about that answer, Henry. Cause I think there's something buried there,"

***

Emma and Graham were at the station. Emma held up a uniform. "A tie? You know you don't have to dress a woman as a man to give her authority,"

"So, you think you can get people to do what you want in that red coat?"