Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Eight months. That's how long I've been on this banishment trip to Mexico. It was either a year on my own here with no phone or prison, and look how stupid I was to pick this. At the time it seemed like a great idea. Freedom is all I wanted. Little did I know they literally gave me nothing. No money, no food, not even a fucking water bottle. Everything was on my own for an entire year. Everyone is the same down here. That makes it hard to trust many people. I guess I'm the one who threw the first punch at Justin...

That's not the point. He made fun of my sexuality and I was not taking it that day. What else was I supposed to do?

"Watch it!" I heard myself yell over my thoughts as a man bumped into me. He was looking down at his feet. I heard him mumble "Lo siento" which I picked up to mean "I'm sorry" and try to walk passed me. I put my hands on his shoulders. I hated it when people didnt look me in the eye when they spoke to me. It was downright rude. He looked up for a second. I saw he had sparkling brown eyes and shoulder length hair. I was caught in a trance I guess because I was just staring at him. I saw his scared expression turn to discomfort, then annoyance, then anger.

"Listen here white boy I have places to go and shit to do. Get out of my way." he spat suddenly. It shocked me that such timid person could snap like that so quickly. I guess I underestimated him. And he spoke English. I didn't hear much English down here. I had one friend. Back home in Michigan I had a couple friends, but it was hard for me even to trust them sometimes. I didn't know what made me do it, but I guess I liked how he was straight forward.

"Sorry bud. Hey listen my name is Kellin." I said. Why did I do that?

"Yeah thats fantastic. I'm Vic." he said, the aggravation clearly showing in his voice. Vic is a nice name. I've met a couple Vics down here.

"Okay Vic. I see you have to go, but meet me at TacoDelDia tomorrow at six. Okay?" I asked. Nailed it.

"Yeah sure whatever. See you then." he said and walked passed me. I watched him storm away. A couple times I saw him look back with confusion but continue walking shaking his head. What was with him anyway? He seemed mad but he agreed to go to get some tacos with me? I didn't question it any more. I was tired.