Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day I walked to TacoDelDia. It was only five, but I didn't mind being an hour late. The manager Jaime gave me free tacos since I had no money. Plus he knew about my banishment. He was my only friend here. We were joking about starting bands and going on tour together when he looked up. His smile beamed and he walked over to the man who walked through the door. It was Vic.

"Yoo what's up dude?" Jaime spoke, opening up his arms for a hug. Vic hugged back and I felt a queasy feeling inside me when he did. Well that was weird. I walked over to them and Jaime pulled away from Vic and put his arm around me.

"Vic I'd like you to meet my amigo, Kellin. Kellin, this is my fuckboy Vic." he said,  and Vic punched his arm.

"Yeah we've met before." he said, glaring at me.

"Perfect! You guys will get along." Jaime said, then left us alone there to deal with a customer issue.

"Shall we take a seat?" I asked. He rolled his eyes but turned the chair around and sat down strattling it. I sat down across from him.

"Well you showed up so that's a good start." I said.

"Listen here Kellin. I don't know why you invited me or why you continue to be nice to me. I've been nothing but a jackass to you. I know about your banishment. Jaime told me all about it. Why are you here?" he asked. I looked down. Did I want to tell him? No. Will I eventually? Probably. But not now. I shook my head and he nodded.

"Okay I get that you don't want to tell me." he said, looking down when I looked back up. We made small talk for a little while until his phone buzzed. He looked down at it and sighed.

"I gotta go to work." he said bluntly, then got up and left. I sat there until Jaime kicked me out because he had to close. I walked to the soccer field I found that I slept in and rested until morning.

***