Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Me siento amigo." Jaime said as I told him my full background story as to why I needed to find Vic because he sometimes always knows what I'm thinking. Although, I had no clue at all what he just said. Probably "I understand" or some shit. I stood up and walked out the door. Looking around at all the tanned skinned citizens, even the girls here looked like they could be Vic. I mean, Vic could've gotten a haircut for all I know. I fanatically walked around for hours, but I never found him. I then was just about to give up, then I remembered the old abandoned house he took me to that one day. I started to walk there with high hopes he's there since it was my last option.

I walked up the front steps and hesitantly knocked on the front door. I don't know what it was, but I longed for his presence. Slowly, the door creaked open.

"Kellin?" I heard his voice crack.

"Yes. Vic let me in." I said.

"No Kellin. Please leave."

"What? Why?"

"I can't have you here. It was a mistake to show you this place." he said. I was genuinely confused. I saw him slowly close the door again but I stopped it with my foot.

"Vic what's going on?" I asked. He sighed.

"Please just go."

"Why?"

"Kellin-"

"Why don't you want to be around me all of the sudden?" I felt my eyes get hot from the tears building up. I've never cried over someone before.

"Kell-"

"Tell me!"

"I just can't! Now fucking leave!" he said, kicking my foot out of the door and slamming it. From the other side I heard him crying, and that was enough to allow my tears to fall. What did I do? I need to say goodbye since my mom is here. She's bound to find me eventually.

Growing up my mom was the only one there for me. My dad left me when I was young. I miss him, sure, but I remember him making my mom's life a living hell.

I moped back to Jaime's restaurant and took a seat. In the earshot, I heard Jaime talking in Spanish.

"La mayoría de mis amigos son genial, pero algunos son solo perras que tengo que tolerar." I heard him say, then the person he was talking to laughed. It was a girl. I've seen her around. She had big teeth, which was good for her beautiful smile.

"Kellin! Come meet Jess." he said, motioning for me to go over to them. I shrugged and stood up, walking over to them.

"I'm Kellin." I said, extending my hand for her to shake.

"Jessica Rose." she said, shaking my hand. I nodded as in saying "nice to meet you". Jaime got closer to me so he can whisper something to me.

"She's my girlfriend. Isn't she great?" he gushed in my ear. I smiled a little. He's such a dork sometimes. As I thought of how someone told me that a dork was a whale penis, I laughed a little. I guess laughing is contagious because eventually all three of us were laughing at nothing. I instantly felt better.

Is laughter the best medicine? Vic is now 2000 light years away from ever wanting any part of me again.

And that's okay. It's all over now. I'm going home.