Chapter 18

AN:// Slight trigger warning?? Idk I feel like I need to put this here beforehand.

Chapter 18

I laid in my bed wide awake. I had a Nightmare of my dad beating me when I came out. I felt every hit and I felt the tears that ran down my face, both in the dream and in reality. I sat straight up, hyperventilating. I knew it was just a dream, but it brought back a memory I didn't want to remember.

I walked down the stairs to get a glass of water. I drank it and put it in the sink. A loose glass shard from my mother's broken beer bottle still remained and cut my hand. I inhaled deeply and washed it off. At that point, the pain reminded me of my father's beatings. Suddenly, I felt numb. I picked up the shard and stared at it. I've never actually done something like this before, but I couldnt think correctly. All I could think of was my father.

All the names he called me flooded my mind. I brought the shard to my skin and lightly glided it along my wrist, not hard enough to even scratch. I was scared, but I was desperate to get the thoughts out of my mind. I wiped a tear with my hand and brought it back down to stare at my wrist. I brought the shard down once more, closing my eyes as I made a small cut. I opened my eyes when I felt the red liquid pouring onto my skin. I started shaking uncontrollably and dropped the shard, causing it to shatter again.

What did I do? I never thought I'd be that kid who did these things. What do I do? Do I wash it? Do I put a band aid on it? I slowly walked over to the sink and put it under the water. The still bleeding cut stung once it came into contact with the water. I screamed a little at the sudden pain.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, eyes wide. It was Vic. He looked confused, then looked at what I was doing. He immediately turned on a look of shock and grabbed my shoulders.

"Why did you do that?" He asked, the aggressiveness in his voice startled me a little.

"I-I don't know." I stuttered.

"Don't fucking do that, Kellin!" He yelled, grabbing my arm and taking me to the bathroom. He rummaged around the cabinets until he found a bandage.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I know how to fix this." He said, his voice soft now. He took my arm gently and wrapped the bandage around it.

"How do you know how to do that?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Experience." He said. He sounded sad so I dropped the topic. "Just promise me you won't do this again. If you feel like doing this, come to me. I don't care if I'm asleep, you wake my ass up. I cant have you hurting yourself like this." He said, choking back tears as he spoke.

"I promise." I said. He looked up at me, and forcefully slammed his lips onto mine. I was taken aback, but I kissed him back just as passionately. I grabbed the bathroom counter for support. We separated to catch our breath, and he rested his forehead on mine.

"Stay with me." He said. I nodded and kissed him again. He giggled into it and pulled away. I blushed and went back to my room. Vic started walking back down the stairs when I called out to him.

"Vic wait!" I called. He turned around.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can you sleep with me tonight? Like not in a sexual way but like cuddles and shit?" I asked. He laughed and nodded, walking back up the stairs.

We got to my room and got under the covers. I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"Promise you wont leave?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'll never leave you." I answered, nudging my head in his neck.

"I love you, Kellin." He said. I sighed.

"I think..I think I love you too."