Chapter 15

I walked up the stairs to go grocery shopping after Summer left. She cheered me up a lot just by being with me today. I guess cheering me up is how she's helping me with the Vic situation.

I got in my car and made a shopping list in my head. As I was driving to the store I realized that I don't go grocery shopping and it was my mind's first escape option. I turned around and went back home. Vic was upstairs making himself cereal.

"That was quick." He said, not looking up from his food.

"Yeah I guess I really didnt need anything." I half lied.

I sat down on the couch and started texting Tay.

"Hi"

"Hey kell how r u?"

"I'm ok"

"Thats good. Whats up"

"I think I have a crush"

"Dont ask me about love thats summers path"

I sighed and put my phone away. Tay was a girl, she should know all about this. I buried my face in my hands and sighed. Why was this so complicated? He's there if I want him, the only thing stopping me is myself. It's frustrating to think about, but I'm putting him off for a good reason. Maybe I'll take up meditating to find inner peace. No, that's stupid. I don't know how I'm going to do this but I need to know sooner than later. I stood up to go to my room when Vic called me over.

"Kellin I need to talk to you." He said.

"Yeah?" I asked, walking over.

"It's about Jaime." He said. He looked away for a second before looking back at me.

"Yeah he's cool. What about him?"

"Let's just say I'm lucky he's still my friend." He said, taking a bite of cereal.

"Why? What did you do?" I asked.

"I wasn't going to tell you this until later but the sooner you know the better." He said. Now I was confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Jaime and I, for a long time, were dating. It was a pretty serious relationship, but then something happened and it ended there." He said, looking down at his cereal as he pushed it around with his spoon.

"What happened?" I asked. He sniffled, trying to hide a tear. He wiped it with the back of his hand and took a deep breath.

"Well, before this we've been intimate. But one time I decided to overpower him more than I should have and it ended." He said.

I thought back to when Jaime was talking to me in his restaurant about this. He said how Vic is dominate and he'll tell me about it when he's ready. Me, being the idiot that I am, asked "Wait, Jaime is gay?"

"No. Like me, Jaime is bisexual. Didn't he introduce you to Jess?" I nodded.

"Are you still like that?" I asked, still in a bit of shock.

"No Kellin. I've changed since then. I'm not like that anymore. I may still be dominate but I'm not rough like that. I don't want you to be scared of me." He said quickly. I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together on the table. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not scared of you. Like I said before, I trust you Vic." I said. He smiled. His eyes flicked down to my lips but quickly snapped his gaze to my eyes. I gently bit my bottom lip and looked away. Vic truly did make me happy. I stood up and walked around the table, my hand still folded with Vic's. I sat on his lap straddling him, taking his other hand and lacing our fingers. I felt his breath catch.

"Kellin, w-what are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm doing what I wanted to do ever since you hated me when I first ran into you." I said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I never hated you, I was just in a rush." He said.

"Well, you're not allowed to hate me now anyway." I said, moving my face closer to his. Then, the sound of the front door opening filled the room. I quickly got off Vic and laughed a little when I saw the obvious growing buldge in his pants. He was frustrated, and pulled the chair under the table to continue eating his cereal. My mom walked in the house, drunk as always.

"Kellin I need you to vacuum the cat he was barking waking up our neighbors." She slurred. I laughed a little because we didn't even have a cat. I heard Vic chuckle too.

"Mom drink water and go lay down." I said calmly. This was nothing new.

"Don't...don't tell me what to do." She said, throwing a spoon at me. I dodged it and sighed picking it up. I got a cup and filled it with water.

"Drink this it's alcohol." I said. She took it and chugged the whole thing, slamming it down. Good thing it was plastic.

"That wasn't strong at all." She said. I poured another one.

"You're right. Try this one." I said. She took it and chugged it agian.

"What game are you playing?" She asked, getting upset.

"I'll give you something stronger if you lay down." I said. She rolled her eyes and went to her room, laying down.

"Where's my alcohol?" She asked. I left the room and went back in two minutes later with more water to find her passed out. I sighed and closed her door. I went back downstairs and saw Vic walking down the stairs to the basement.

"Going to bed?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. It's been a long day." He said.

"Goodnight then." I said.

"Goodnight Kellin." He said.

I watched him go the rest of the way down before heading upstairs to my own room and going to sleep.