Chapter 26

AN:// Author notes are annoying I know but I figured this was important to say. This story is almost over. Maybe 2 more chapters after this one. After this, I'm going to continue to write DTADM which will also be short, and I'm starting a Kohnnie (Johnnie Guilbert and Kyle David Hall). Once I'm done with DTADM, I'll start another kellic and co-write it with SummerLynnFuentes just like the one on her page *wink wink*. If you have any questions you can message me any time. SO YEAH HERE'S THE CHAPTER ENJOY

*~

Where was I? Only in the greatest place I could ever imagine.

In my bed.

I like sleeping, so I do it a lot. I dont usually have bad dreams. In fact, most of the time I dont dream at all, and when I do, I forget it as soon as I wake up. Most of the time. There was the occasional nightmares and actually meaningful dreams here and there but not often. People ask a lot "Why do you sleep so much?" and the real answer is not that I'm depressed, I just like having time to myself. I mean, sometimes I get reminders that I have depression, but it's been getting better. I feel when I'm asleep as if I'm in another world away from what I'm forced to thrive in. It's peaceful and I dont have to worry about a thing. Who doesnt like sleeping?

Vic. Vic doesnt like sleeping.

Vic gets a lot of nightmares and screams. He doesn't know it but it wakes me up all the time. My mother sleeps like a bear, so nothing seems to wake her up. Occasionally I'd go downstairs to check on him. I'd startle him awake and hold him until he fell asleep again. He denied it every time I said that he woke me up by screaming. He says "if I was screaming that loud then I would wake myself up" which is completely false. Thats like saying people who sleepwalk notice when they're moving. I just accept what he thinks and go back to my room.

And thats exactly what happened just now. My eyes fluttered shut and I was back to sleeping.

--

"Congratulations, class of 2020. You are now high school graduates!" The principal, Ms. Aschow, announced with enthusiasm. Everyone cheered and threw their caps towards the ceiling. I ran over to where Vic was and he was sitting down, smiling like an idiot. An adorable idiot.

"We did it, babe." I said, leaning down and kissing his cheek. He looked up and his smile stayed, but a tear fell down his face.
"Why are you crying?" I asked, wiping the tear with my thumb and kneeling down in front of him.

"I can't believe I'm sitting here at all. I just can't believe we made it this far. All the way with smiles on our faces." He said, more tears falling. Everyone in the room somehow disappeared around us. His smile fell and he was crying more.

"Please don't cry. You're too perfect to cry." I said. He covered his head with his arms and started screaming and bawling. I tried to comfort him but it seemed as if every time I tried to touch him, he got farther away.

"No one showed up! This is all a lie! No one is here for me!" He yelled over his sobs.

"Everyone left, Vic. They were here." I tried to comfort him. He rapidly shook his head and pulled out a gun from the pocket of his gown.

"No one is ever here for me." He whispered.

"No!" I screamed and lunged towards him.

I was too late.
--

I sat up in my bed breathing hevily and sweating. I haven't had a bad dream like that in forever. I checked the time on my phone. Four thirty. It was too late to wake him up, but it was also too early because he had to get up in an hour anyway for school. I didnt feel like walking around until I heard other footsteps.

I lay there wide awake in my bed staring at the ceiling thinking about my dream. A stray tear slowly made its way down my face, soaking the pillow next to my head. I had to do something to distract myself, so I put on music and listened to it until it was time to get up for school.