Chapter 16

Chapter 16 (I forgot to put it again here last chapter oops)

The sun shone on my face the next morning, blinding me to the point where I couldn't go back to sleep. Why didn't I close the curtains? I sighed and sat up. Today was Saturday so I didn't have to worry about school or waking up Vic. I decided to let him sleep. I walked down the stairs and made myself some cereal. Soon after I sat down to eat, my mom came down the stairs, hair tied up in a loose ponytail.

"Good morning." I said, chewing my food. She glanced at me, but walked passed me. She opened the fridge and grabbed the box of beers. All of them.

"Kellin, I need you to know something about what's happening around the house now." She said, opening the trash can. She popped open one of the bottles and poured its conents into the sink, and threw out the empty bottle.

"What are you doing?" I asked, staring at the sink in shock.

"Now that your boyfriend lives with us, I want to set off a good reputation. It won't be easy to quit, and thats why I need your help." She said, breaking one of the bottles on the side of the sink, leaving it there to pour out in the sink over the broken glass pieces.

"He's not my boyfriend." I said. She looked at me in disbelief.

"You say that now but dont you for a second think I didnt see you sitting on his lap the other day." She said, throwing one of the bottles out of the front door, causing it to shatter on the street.

"How do you expect me to help?" I asked, looking at all of the bottles.

"First of all you can help me get rid of all of this." She said, handing me one. I had no idea how to open one so I broke it in the sink like I saw her do. She took one and drank it and I stared at her.

"Really?" I asked.

"You cant expect me to let go that easily. I need at least one." She said. I guess thats fair. Then, Vic came up the stairs.

"Is someone getting murdered? Whats with all the broken bottles?" He asked, observing the open trash can and sink. He was half asleep, and he looked adorable.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." I said. He smiled a little then scratched his head.

"I'm going through my own rehab, thats all honey." My mom said, throwing a bottle at the wall. It shattered on impact, making both Vic and I jump.

"I'm not cleaning that." I said, grabbing one of the bottles and walking towards the stairs.

"Where do you think you're going with that?" My mom asked.

"Am I not allowed to have one?" I asked, knowing her answer.

"You're underage, Kellin. Baby, you know this." She said. I fake sighed and figured out how to open it. It cut up my hand a bit but I was okay. I poured it in the sink and threw it out.

"I dont mean to stop you, but isnt this a waste of money?" Vic asked. My mom shrugged.

"It was a waste of money every time I got it." She said, breaking the last bottle. "Kellin, go get a garbage bag and the broom." She said. I nodded and got what she told me to. I left her to clean that on her own. I think its good for her to see how she saved herself from that. I took Vic's hand and led him down the stairs.

"What are you doing?" He giggled. I smirked at how I made him giggle. I remember when I first ran into him he was as manly as ever, and now here he is in my basement, giggling.

"I'm going to take you on a date." I said. He rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Kellin, we aren't dating. You can take me somewhere to hang out." He said, crossing his arms.

"I thought you wanted to date me." I teased, poking at his sides. He laughed and made me stop.

"Just let me know when you're really ready for a relationship. I don't want to pressure you." He said. I smiled and hugged him. He hugged back and chuckled.

"You'll be the first to know when I'm ready." I said, winking. I saw him blush and look away.

"That's not what I meant." He said quietly. I took his head in my hand and made him look at me.

"I know, but it's what I meant." I practically whispered. Once again, his eyes flickered to my lips quickly before snapping back to my eyes. I slowly leaned in, and this time I wouldnt stop it. I wanted nothing more than for this to happen right now. I felt his lips against mine. They were so soft and delicate. His lips moved in sync with mine, fitting perfectly. I felt his hands roam around my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck softly. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and we pulled out of it. He stared at me with wide eyes, but leant in and quickly pecked my lips again. I smirked and took his hand, leading him out of the basement and up the stairs.

"Have fun you two!" My mom called, sweeping glass into the bag. I smiled and Vic waved with his free hand. I got in the car and he got in the driver's seat.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Anywhere is fine as long as I'm with you." I said.

"Oh my god that was so cliché and bad." He laughed. I laughed too because I know I sounded bad. He ended up driving to an abandoned park. I got out and sat in the grass. He sat down next to me, putting on his sunglasses.

"Thank you, Kellin." He said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For trusting me. I don't get that often." He said. I gave him a pity smile, and leant in to kiss him again. I only kissed his cheek this time, but it was okay. I'm okay. This is what I want. I know it.