Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I sighed and stood up to go to lunch. I got more hello's and questions on where I was as the day went on. I laughed under my breath at how clueless everyone was.

I got my lunch and looked around. The table I usually sat at had a whole new group of people there and I had no idea where my friends were. I rolled my eyes and sat down at an empty table. I didn't really want to eat the excuse for mac and cheese they had so I kinda just pushed it around my plate with my fork. Then, I felt the weight on the bench shift. I looked up and my eyes grew wide.

"Hello Kellin. This is our new student. He transferred here from Mexico and we couldn't convince him to have any other student mentor him for his first week besides you. He put up quite a fight. Talk and mingle guys. And Kellin, dont scare him away." Ms. Aschow said, motioning to the very familliar Hispanic boy sitting across from me. He had a devilish smile and was staring at me. He smiled at Ms. Aschow so she can leave, and she did.

"Vic what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked.

"Kellin, we have unfinished buisness and I was not kidding when I said I was coming here." He said, taking a bite of his macaroni.

"How did you know where I lived and what school?" I asked.

"You told Jaime a lot when you were there." He said simply, shrugging.

"Fine. Now you're here. What do you want?"

"He told me that you liked-" he started, but was cut off by my old friend Gabe.

"Hey Kellin! Is this your new fag boyfriend?" He asked, punching Vic in the arm. I looked down to ignore him.

"What the hell is your problem? It shouldn't matter what his sexuality is. Unless you're jealous." I heard Vic say in my defense. There were a couple "ooo"'s heard around us. Gabe's face grew red with anger and he grabbed the collar of Vic's shirt.

"So you are his boyfriend?" He asked. Vic's eyes grew wide. But he calmed down. He slipped out of his shirt to break loose, revealing his body to everyone before grabbing his shirt back and putting it on.

"No, but calling someone a faggot doesnt make you any cooler. Now go back to your fuckboy community over there and leave Kellin alone before I shove my foot so far up your ass you'll scream Jeffree Star." Vic said. I laughed under my breath. How intimidating does he think he is? He's shorter than me, and I'm not that tall. Gabe scoffed and walked away. Vic sat back down.

"So anyway like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. Jaime told me you were openly gay around here. And thats what I needed to talk to you about." He said like nothing happened. I was amazed by how he could brush things off like that.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked. He hesitated but put out his bracelet covered arms.

"I like these bands but thats not why I wear these. They arent a fashion accessory but I must say they do go well with what I wear." He said. I looked at him skeptically.

"Why do you wear so many if you dont wear them for fashion?" I asked. I already think I knew the answer but I wanted to make sure.

"I know I havent known you for long but I trust you, Kellin." He said, removing each bracelet one by one, each one revealing a bundle of scars going all the way up the bottoms of his arms. I stared at them with my mouth wide open.

"Why did you do this?" I asked, still staring at the marks.

"Because people in Mexico, at least where I was, didnt support gays." He sighed, putting his bracelets back on. "I had to date this one girl for a while to cover it up. She was cute. Nice redhead girl. Freckles everywhere. She wasnt from Mexico obviously but they didnt care what kind of girl it was. All that mattered is that they were a girl. And so I went to Jaime's place a lot to get away from them. Her name was Danielle. She was my best friend next to Jaime so she went with it. She knew I was gay. It fooled a lot of people too."

"How did you keep it up for so long?" I asked.

"I married her." He said. I gasped.

"You married her? You're married right now?" I whisper screamed.

"No it wasnt an official wedding. We just made it out to be." He said. I sighed in relief.

I wasnt sure why I cared so much. I just really cared about Vic. I didn't want him to go through this.

"Live with me." I said.

"What?" He asked, surprised.

"I don't want you to go through that. Live with me. My mom wont care." I said frantically. He smiled.

"Okay." He said.

Then the bell rang for us to go to our classes. I got to my locker and rolled my eyes at the usual signs on it that said "Gaylord" and "fag" on them. I ripped them off and thew them out. I opened my locker and found a note.

"I got you a surprise, but it's not here. Your first clue is where food disappears." It said. Riddles. Great. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me and I went to the bathroom where people "get rid of" their food. I was right. I smiled and picked up the note on the sink.

"Great job! You found the first hint! Now go to the room where the floors are dark and the walls are mint." It said. The only room I thought of was my first period class. I was skipping class right now to find these but I didnt care. I walked in the room, grabbed the note, and walked out.

"Yay you you found it! Hint three is in a tree." It said. That was pretty straight forward but I guess he ran out of rhymes. I walked outside and gazed at each tree until I saw it.

"Impressive. Your suprise is behind you." It said. I was confused. I turned around and saw Vic. I stared at him.

"Vic whats going on?" I asked, walking towards him.

"I love you, Kellin Quinn."