Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"We need to talk." I told Vic the next morning. He stared at me quizzically.

"About?" He asked.

"I had a dream," I bit my lip, "and you were in it." I said quietly. He smiled a little.

"Oh really? And what happened in that dream?" He asked, amused.

"You'll be creeped out by me if I told you." I said. His sly smirk fell and he looked concerned.

"Nothing can change how I feel about you." He said. I sighed.

"We were at graduation, and everyone left, and you were crying, and you were screaming that no one is there for you, and you shot yourself, and I couldn't stop you, and it all happened so suddenly." I said, choking back a sob. His expression didnt change. He looked down at the ground at his feet and nodded.

"I had a dream like that too. Where you left me. And I couldnt stop you. It was like everything else didnt matter. It was just you. Just you leaving me behind after promising you'd be here with me. Be here for me. I think those are the dreams where you say I'm screaming. I dream about you a lot, Kellin. You're always on my mind, and its frustrating sometimes. But I want you to know that I'm not leaving your side, or planning to. I plan to live a long, happy life with you. Which is actually something I wanted to talk to you about." He said, looking up at me to talk.

"You're acting like we're married, Vic." I laughed. He didnt laugh. He stayed serious.

"Would you like to go with me after school today to Jardougall's?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I'm in the mood for fancy food. How about we just skip school?" I asked. He smiled.

"If you insist."

*~

I was sitting there in the passanger side of Vic's old car staring longingly out the window.

"It's up ahead." I told Vic, since I noticed he didnt slow down. He drove right passed it.

"I know." He said, not looking over at me.

"You passed it." I told him matter-of-factly.

"I know." He said again. I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio. A soft pop tune played quietly through the car speakers.

"Okay, wise guy. Where are we going?" I asked playfully. He shrugged.

"I don't know. I guess we'll just see where the road takes us." He said.

"Sounds promising." I laughed "but really. Tell me." I said. He looked over at me shortly before turning back to the road.

"It's a suprise. You dont want me to spoil the suprise, do you?" He asked me. I sighed and slumped down in my the seat. He chuckled under his breath. His knuckles were white, like he was gripping the wheel too hard. He would also move his hands around, leaving a small pile of sweat on that part of the wheel. Why was he so nervous? Or was he mad? Was he dropping me off in the middle of nowhere? Why did he make me dress fancy? It's still morning. People were starting classes right now, and I'm on the road headed towards God knows where. Timbukfuckingtwo.

We eventually slowed down to a stop at the top of a cliff. Was he going to push me off? Instead he told me "wait here" and went to the back to get things out of the trunk. He got a portable radio and a blanket. He set down the blanket and plugged his phone into the radio to play music quietly. I got out of the car and sat on the blanket next to him.

"Vic it's broad daylight and we're on a cliff burning up. What was the point of dressing fancy?" I asked him.

"I know this is really cliché but I just wanted a place to be alone with you. Plus, if you're overheated, you can take off some layers." He said winking then laughing. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Just for that I won't do it." I said, holding my head up like some preppy bitch. He pouted.

"Okay fine then I'll have to make you." He said, tackling me. He was too strong for me to push him off so I laughed and squirmed under him trying to break free from his grasp. He leaned down and whispered, "are you sure you're not overheated?" And I gulped. He kissed my jawline and got off of me, removing his jacket and laying down. I sighed and did the same, laying my head on his stomach and cuddling him. This was a nice moment. We both ended up falling asleep up there, and we woke up when the music stopped playing because his phone died.

"Shit." He mumbled at his lifeless phone.

"It's okay. It's dark now." I said, sitting up and stretching.

"I noticed." He said, getting an acoustic guitar out of his car. He sat down in front of me and strummed it. "Give me a song."

"I dont know. What can you play?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I've been writing a song but it's not finished." He said. I smiled.

"Can I hear?" I asked. He looked down and bit his lip.

"Dont make fun of me." He said. I kissed his forehead.

"I would never." I told him. He strumned it again, tuned it, and started playing.

"As we wake up in your room, your face is the first thing I see. The first time I've seen love and the last I'll ever need." He sang, then stopped.

"That was amazing why did you stop?" I asked.

"Thats all I have so far." He shrugged.

"Play. I'll think of something." I said. He smiled and continued playing.

"You remind her that the future would be nothing without her. Never lose her, I'm afraid better think of something good to say."
I sang.

"Her, huh?" He grinned.

"I didnt think of anything that rhymed with male pronouns. Plus people think I'm a girl anyway sometimes." I said. He started again.

"But it's all been done more than once so I'll keep on trying oh God don't let me be the only one who says no at the top of their lungs says no," he sang again. "What should the next lyrics be?"

"No such thing as too young." I said, winking at him. He smiled and put his guitar to the side. He crawled over to me and laid on me, pinning my arms over my head.

"I love you. Don't forget that." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said. And I did.

"Good to know. I have a question but I'll need you to stand up." He said, sounding nervous. I nodded, and he got off of me so I could stand up.

"Whats up?" I asked him.

"I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time now. At first I'll admit that I was annoyed by you but now nothing would make me happier than to be by you. You promised me that you'll never leave me and you never did. That's loyalty. I trust that you don't plan on breaking that promise anytime soon so what I need to ask you right now is going to be the most important thing I do in my entire life." He said, taking my hands and going down on one knee.

"Oh my god, Vic." I said, clasping my hand over my mouth, tears forming in my eyes.

"Forever is a really long time, Kellin Quinn, but I wouldnt mind spenidng it by your side." He said, pulling out a box from his pocket in his jacket off to the side and opening it to reveal a black band that sparkled in the moonlight. "Will you do me the great honors of marrying me?" He asked. I broke down right there, crying and nodding like a girl.

"Yes. Of course. Yes. Yes Vic, I will." I said, diving on top of him, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately. We were both crying so it didnt go very well, but it didnt matter. Everything I've been wanting just happened.

"Promise not to leave me?" I asked him.

"I literally wouldnt dream of it."

*~~

Hey look I'm not dead, I just have school, hence lack of updating. But here you go! :) I lied last chapter, I meant to say 3 more. There will be two more after this, so stay tuned <3