Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Vic went to get food this morning, leaving me here with a note. I smiled softly and picked it up.

"I know you're tortured within
And your eyes look hungry again (so I'm getting food)
But I'll never wander, my friend
No, I'll never wander again."

Was this a poem? I wasnt sure. It was clever though. I sent him a text asking what it was about. He answered with "I dunno" and I cut off the conversation. He was confusing sometimes.

What did he mean by "I'll never wander again"? Has he been cheating on me? No, he couldnt be. Maybe I'm overthinking things. I wrote him a note back and left it by the one he wrote me.

"They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need.
Please stay as long as you need.
Can't promise that things won't be broken,
But I swear that I will never leave.
Please stay forever with me"

I read over it five times at least and sighed, putting it down. He's not the only poetic one here. It was four in the morning because we have school today, so how the grocery store is open I'll never know. I stretched and stood up to get ready to go to hell.

"What should I wear? I have absolutely nothing to wear." I told myself as I stared at my closet full of clothes I could wear. I searched through them and found a black collar shirt. I took it out and put it on. Nice. I still had on my jeans so I put a belt on to be classy. This isnt like me but right now I look like I'm going to an emo wedding. It's okay, though. Better wear it before it doesnt fit anymore. I went downstairs and stuffed my undone homework in my bag and brushed my hair. I sent a text to Vic saying that I'm gonna drive to work. I got one back soon after from him.

You can't go anywhere. He sent.

Why? I asked.

Cuz I have your car. He said. God damn it. I sighed and sat down waiting for him to get back with the food so we can get there early.

It took about a half an hour but he eventually I heard the car pulling into the driveway. I stood up and eagerly walked outside to help him bring the stuff inside. He got out of the car and walked up to me.

"Hey. What are you doing outside?" He asked, pecking my lips.

"I was going to help you bring the stuff in." I said.

"What stuff? Oh, you mean the food. Yeah I didnt get any." He said. I looked at him questioningly.

"Then where were you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I got you something. I had to go far for it, though." He said, walking to the back of the car. I followed him and watched him open the trunk. He pulled out a case and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked, gawking at the large, heavy case.

"I saw it in your search histoty a lot so I wanted to get it for you." He said, shrugging. I smiled and brought it inside. I laid it down on the floor and unzipped the case. Inside was an acoustic guitar with a Starry Night print on it. I stared it at.

"How did you get this?" I asked, taking it out and strumming it.

"I know a guy." He said, smirking and sitting down in front of me. "Do you play?" He askes. I rapidly shook my head.

"No, I never actually learned. But I would love to know how. I'm more of a singer but I'm not that good." I said. He took it from me and started softly strumming it.

"I can play you something. Give me lyrics for inspiration. But you're singing." He said. I sighed and got my poem from downstairs.

"Here." I said, giving it to him.

"When did you write this?" He asked, reading over it.

"After I found yours." I said. He smiled and hugged me.

"Its beautiful. Okay, so I'll play something and you sing it and lets see how this goes." He said, taking the pick from the case that I didnt see and started strumming the guitar with it. I started freaking out but he smiled at me saying its okay so I went with my first instinct.

He strummed one last chord when I was done and put it aside.

"That was beautiful." He said. I blushed.

"Thanks. You too." I said. He nodded and kissed my cheek. I smiled and stood up, grabbed my bag, and waited for him to get his shit together so we can go. It didn't take him long, he was very organized. We got in the car and drove to the homophobic place that I dislike so much known as school.

*~
AN:// idk man if you wanna see what that guitar looks like its the pic at the very beginning. Love you guys