Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It hurt too much to really think about how I'm leaving Vic behind, but something wasn't right, so I decided Id just drop the subject and go with my mom. This is what I wanted for the passed couple of months, so why am I so upset? I shouldn't be. I'm ready to go back home to my friends and my phone and a roof over my head. This was going to be alright. I'm going to survive this. People like Vic are the reasons I have trust issues. Who was I kidding? He's been annoyed with me since day one. Why he stayed as long as he did I'll never figure out.

I didn't have anything to pack and I decided to throw out the toothbrust Jaime gave me and give back the hairbrush and deodorant he bought for me. If I went back with it I'd get in trouble since the banishment people didnt believe in personal hygiene. I put my hands in the pockets of my torn up flannel shirt. I smirked a little at the memory of Vic wearing the same one when I first bumped into him. I shook my head and walked to the restaurant for my mother's return to pick me up.

*the next day*

I woke up the next morning comfortably. Why was I comfortable? Because I havent laid in a bed for over eight months. Being back in Michigan was a relief, but definitely a different weather from what I became used to in Mexico. I looked at my phone and saw all my notifications. And man, I had a LOT. I went on my Facebook and my notifications and wall were littered with messages.

"R.I.P Kellin. We miss you."

"Dude I know your life was messed up but I didnt think you'd go ahead and end it. You're missed, man."

"Death is such a simple idea, and it's so easy to accomplish. I'm sorry you didn't win your fight, babe. I love you."

They all thought I died. The one that caught my attention was that last one. It was sent by this one girl I never learned the name of who I fucked one night when I was drunk. The thought of straight sex made me shiver. Nasty. Just then, I got a message from an unknown user. I clicked on it and read the senders name.

Jaime Preciado.

"Bro Kellin! Glad to see you're back home and safe. Vic misses you man. Maybe one day you can give someone else a brutal concussion and visit us again! Hahaha just kidding dont hurt anyone else. Love you bro."

To which I prompty replied to with the only thing that caught my attention.

"Vic doesn't miss me. If he did he wouldn't have driven me away."

And I closed my messages. I went on my feed. I clicked the "What's on your mind?" box and started typing.

"Dear everyone,
I dont know why you all think I've died. That's really stupid. I'm alive. Thank you." To which I instantly got a bunch of comments with the usual "OMG". I rolled my eyes. Idiots. I then got another Facebook message. I sighed thinking it was someone ranting on how they thought I was dead. I sat up when I saw it was another unknown user. I read the name.

Vic Fuentes.

How in the blue fuck does he have a device for Facebook? I thought he was poor.

"I dont hate you. I miss you Kellin. I pushed you away for reasons I cant tell you. Please forgive me. I hope you come back one day."

I clasped my hand over my mouth as I felt my eyes get hot from tears. Can I forgive him? I really want to know. Then again, I'm keeping my Justin thing a secret from him as well so I guess its only fair. I closed my phone and put it on the side table. I laid back down and went back to sleep.