Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"You don't have a home?!" I asked, practically yelling. He put his hand up to silence me. I guess it was a secret.

"I lost it when my boyfriend broke up with me." he said quietly. Boyfriend?

"You're gay?" I asked him quieter than I did before.

"Bisexual." he answered. Interesting. I smiled. He looked up and looked confused.

"Why are you smiling? Are you gonna make fun of me? If you are, save it. I've heard it all before." he said, sounding upset. I saw tears springing to his eyes. My smile faded and I scooched closer.

"I'm not gonna make fun of you. I'm gay." I said. He looked up at me and mouthed "really?" and I nodded. He bit his bottom lip gently and stood up. I stood up with him.

"I have to go." he said. I was disappointed. I wanted to keep talking to him about this and his past relationships. I was just so curious about him. I nodded anyway.

"Come back sometime." I said hopefully. He grinned widely.

"I will. Trust me." he said and walked away.

Trusting people was never an easy thing for me, but I feel like I can trust Vic. I could be wrong though. I always seem to be wrong. I sighed and walked to Jaime's place for food.

"Hey, Kell. The usual?" he asked when I walked through the door.

"What's Vic's usual?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"I'm on it." he said and turned around to make it. I guess this was part knowing him more. Just curious. A little while later, Jaime came out with two tacos stacked high with basically everything.

"Why two?" I asked.

"Vic gets two. You asked me for his usual, dude." he said, smiling. I shrugged and downed them. I guess I really was hungry. I thanked him and got up to leave but he stopped me.

"Why the change in order today?" he asked me. He crossed his arms and grinned evilly. I shrugged.

"I want to know more about my new friend." I said simply.

"I think you like him." he said quickly.

"No! No I dont." I said.

"Mhm keep telling yourself that." he said and went back into the kitchen. Did I? No. I cant. I couldn't. Not after he told me he just got over a breakup. Plus what did I have to give him? I had no house, no money, no food other than the tacos Jaime gave me. I had nothing.