Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"I said I love you." He repeated.

I stared at him, my mouth wide open. His words echoed in my head repeatedly. I haven't heard those words in so long. Here I am, outside of my school with a bisexual Mexican boy who claims to love me.

"You can't love me." I said. His face fell.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"How can you love me, when I dont even love myself?" I said. He stepped towards me.

"I guess I just put all my love into you that I didnt leave any for anyone else. Including myself." He said, putting his hands on my hips. I shook my head and took his hands off.

"I cant Vic. I cant love anyone else until I find happiness with myself. I'm sorry." I said.

"Kellin, I've been saving myself for you. Danielle was great and I really did like her, but all those feelings left when I met you. Please dont leave me." He begged. I heard he was getting choked up.

"I'm sorry." I repeated and ran off.

I did have feelings for Vic but I need to find my own inner peace before I can love anyone else. No one has told me they loved me for as long as I can remember. As I was running, I ran right into someone. I looked up and saw that they were tall and also seemed Hispanic. I dont remember ever seeing him.

"Sorry." I said to him.

"Hey dont sweat it dude. Maybe you can help me." He said. He had on a snapback and seemed to be a little high but still manageable.

"What do you need help with?" I asked.

"Well my name is Mike. I came here with my brother and he's looking for a guy named Kellin. Do you know Kellin?" He asked.

"Is your brother's name Vic?" I asked.

"Yeah! You know Vic? That's cool. But like really who's Kellin?" He asked.

"I dont know. Sorry." I said before walking away.

*--

I didnt know he had a brother but there I was talking to him. I feel bad for rejecting him like that but I couldn't do it any other way. I was protecting both of us. Here I was, laying in my basement contemplating life when there was a knock on the door upstairs. My mom wasnt home so I had to get it. I walked up the stairs and opened the door. It was Vic.

"Hi Kellin." He said awkwardly with his luggage.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You told me at lunch I can move in." He said. Oh yeah I forgot.

"Okay well put your stuff down there." I said, motioning to the basement.

"Thank you for accepting me here after what happened." He said.

"Let's not talk about that." I said, walking down the stairs ahead of him.

"Nice place." He said. I shrugged.

"You sleep there," I pointed to the couch, "and theres a bathroom over there." I pointed down a hallway.

"Okay great." He said.

"If you need food or anything its upstairs just let me know." I said, walking back up the stairs.

"Kellin wait." He said. I sighed and turned around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Make me a sandwich." He said. I laughed.

"Okay honey what do you want on it?" I asked, playing along.

"Surprise me." He said, winking. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I walked up the stairs and went to the kitchen.

I didnt have much so I just made him a PBJ. I'm sure its fine. I brought it down to him and he thanked me.

"Anything else, master?" I asked playfully.

"No my dear. That should be good for now." He said and I started to walk towards the stairs.

"Wait." He said. I turned back around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Stay with me." He said. I smiled slightly and walked down the stairs.

We stayed down there until my mom got home. Now I need to tell her he lives here.