Chapter 7

Sorry for the delay xx

--

Chapter 7

The next morning was exceptionally chilly, mostly because it was raining. I thought of how I've been wearing the same clothes for the passed 8 months and rolled on my stomach for the rain to bathe me in all my disgust. I wasn't gonna get any visitors in the rain anyway. I heard thunder then saw the flash of lightning soon after fill the sky around me. I figured I better take some shelter before I got struck with lightning but it didn't really matter to me. What will even happen in four months when I get out of here? I lose Jaime. I lose Vic if I havent already. I go back to a world of judgement. I have no friends in Michigan and my Mom is fed up with me ever since my dad left us. She said my sexuality is what scared him away when really it's just her drinking problem. I grunted as I stood up to walk to Taco Del Dia.

As soon as I walked in the fresh aroma of Mexican food hit me. I blinked a couple times to settle myself and sat at a table in the corner. Jaime walked up to my table soon after.

"Hey, bud. The usual?" he asked.

"I'm not hungry."

"Then why are you in my restaurant?" I gestured to the window to show him that it's raining. He looked up and sighed, then sat down next to me.

"You know, Kellin, I'm really glad you and Vic are getting along. I think he really likes you, but I wont get into that. He was in here yesterday asking if you came in." he said quietly. I shrugged.

"I guess." I mumbled.

"What's wrong? Are you aight?" he asked, giving me a little friendly. shove. I smiled a little to show him what I said next wasn't a lie.

"I'm okay, dude. Seriously." I said, but as soon as I did, the jingle of the door being opened chimed. I looked up and it was someone I didnt expect.

My mother.

"Hello? Is anyone working here?" she called over the counter.

"Jaime, dont tell her anything about me." I said, pulling my sweatshirt over my head and walking to the bathroom to hide. He nodded and went to take her order.

Through the door I heard her order. She ordered two regular tacos to go.

"Is that all, Ma'am?" Jaime asked. I heard her sigh, and she sounded defeated.

"Yes. How much do I owe you?" she asked, then followed by the sound of her purse rustling.

"Four eighty seven. Also, is something wrong?"

"Nothing too big. I just cant find my son anywhere. I know he lives around here. I'm here to take him home." she said. My eyes widened and I clasped a hand over my mouth. She travelled all the way to Mexico to take me back? Why? Did someone pass away? Does she actually miss me?

"Well I wish you good luck. Have a nice day." I heard him say. He doesnt know that's my mom.

"Thanks. I'll need it." she said. I heard the door chime again and I left the bathroom.

"Shit dude I gotta get out of here." I said.

"Why?"

"That was my mom." I explained.

"Where would you go?"

"I'll find somewhere. And I'm taking Vic with me." I said, and turned to leave. Jaime called "good luck" after me as I left in the rain. I need to find Vic.