Chapter 3

Chapter 3

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't sleep that night. Of course it was never easy to sleep on an abandoned soccer field in Mexico, tonight seemed exceptionally hard. I kept thinking of Justin and what he said to me...

~~

"Hills! We need to talk." I said, running up to my best friend. He turned around with a confused expression on his face.

"Sure man. What's bothering you?" he asked walking towards me.

"Promise me you wont freak out." I said. Coming out to him shouldnt be this hard, but today it was. I really liked Justin, and with the stress of that I had my parents. When I told them my mom left because "I'm a disgrace" and my dad beats me and calls me a faggot. I was hiding the bruises that were all over right now. They hurt like a bitch.

"Depends on what it is." he said, shrugging.

"I'm...kind of... into... dicks..." I said, looking away. He playfully punched me in the arm and laughed.

"Yeah man me too. What would I do without a dick right?" he said between laughs. I looked up at him. Once he saw I wasn't laughing, he stopped.

"I'm not kidding." I said. Suddenly, his look of concern turned into utter disgust.

"Oh my God. I always knew you sucked dick but I didnt know you enjoyed it. Fucking faggot." he said. With that, surrounding people stared laughing and whispering.

"Justin you said you wouldn't freak out." I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not freaking out. I'm just telling the world, faggot." he said, turning to run away.

I was so done with him calling me that. I punched the back of his head sending him flying forwards. When he turned around I punched him in the nose. I saw it bleeding when he removed his hands. He wiped the blood with the back of his hand and looked at it with wide eyes. He sprung at me and knocked me to the ground. With a brief smack my head flung sideways. I tasted the familiar metallic liquid coating my tongue. I smiled. I didn't know why, but I smiled. I flipped us around and grabbed the nearest rock. I think you can guess what happened from there.

~~

I turned over for probably the millionth time that minute on the field. I felt so alone. I needed someone with me. Everyone is with they're partners and I'm alone like a loser on a banishment trip. All I had was Jaime but he's at his apartment with someone named Tony and Mike. It must be nice to have friends to go back to. I'm sure Vic is with his spiffy girlfriend or family or someone to be there for them. I'm out here alone with no one to give a damn about me. I curled up into a ball and cried myself to sleep.

I woke the next morning to someone hovering over me. I couldn't really see them properly, though.

"I didn't mean to wake you." I heard them say. Their voice sounded rather familiar.

"I was awake anyway." I said through a groggy voice. I rubbed my eyes. When I opened them again they were sitting by me. It was Vic. I sat up and looked at him.

"How did you find me here?" I asked. He looked around nervously but calmed down and shrugged.

"I was just in the area and I saw you." he said. He hesitated between each word. He's lying.

"Tell me the truth." I said. I wanted to know.

"Not until you tell me why you're banished to Mexico." he said.

"I dont know why you came here for me, Vic, but I dont trust people that easily." I said, sounding snappier than I wanted. He smiled a little then looked away.

"I get it. I'll tell you how I found you." he looked up at me. "I dont have a home."