Chapter 32

Tristan got his way. The NDAs and contracts were drawn up and signed. All the I's and t's had been dotted and crossed. Serenity was introduced to members of the crew, staff, management, et al. She met wardrobe people, hairstylists, executives, people from the record label, lawyers, lighting technicians, stage crew... Other bodyguards. Being on the road with many of them, she knew most of their names by heart within a few days.

Per agreement amongst Tristan, Brad, Nyle, and the band, she was introduced with her real name but not as Tristan's girlfriend. She was given the title of one of Jason's assistants instead. Jason already had three other assistants but if anyone thought it was bullshit, they didn't call Tristan out on it.

He and Serenity did spend a lot of time together. They didn't hide their relationship, but they didn't speak on it either. The females pretty much ignored her, for whatever reason. She knew they were skeptic. A new girl coming into the picture had to put them on edge. The men stayed out of her way. They weren't fools, after all.

Serenity was sure they were used to it. Tristan and Jason had them trained well. No one asked questions. Jason had probably threatened them anyway. Serenity just hoped they'd get used to her and accept her, because they would be in her lives and she would be in theirs until... whenever. Jason went out of his way to avoid her; the guys in the band spoke and kept it moving. Serenity knew that was Tristan's doing. Ricky always gave her a special smile and looked at her longer than was necessary. Serenity knew from day one he was a flirt. But he was respectful and kept his distance.

For anyone else, it could've been a lonely experience, especially when Tristan was ensconced in band business and rehearsals. But not having friends in Tristan's circle did little to squelch the joy Serenity was experiencing on a daily basis. She felt she didn't deserve so much happiness. She couldn't imagine what she'd done to be blessed with Tristan and all the wonders that came with him. Living life day after day with the man she loved was literally like living happily ever after over and over again.

Who knew being the girlfriend of one of the world's biggest stars would be so rewarding and fulfilling? Serenity had never been out of Charlotte in all of her 18 years, but now she was seeing the world, visiting different cities and landmarks. Nashville, Miami, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Los Angeles... Brad had the thankless task of chauffeuring her around town when she wanted to sightsee or go shopping. Tristan didn't have her on a stipend or allowance. He literally handed her a wad of bills and told her to have fun. Unfortunately, he was never able to join her on her daily adventures. Going out in public with him was out of the question. They couldn't risk his fans finding out who she was. At least not yet.

The Company, as Knight and Nyle were privy to calling their entourage, ran like a machine. The group had a staff of over one-hundred and literally everyone was staunchly professional and good at their jobs. Each show was flawlessly perfect, never a flub or oversight. Tristan was literally on top of everything, even though it wasn't technically solely his job to make sure everything was in order. He was a different person onstage, during soundcheck and when discussing business with and about the band. When he went into work mode, he was unflinchingly focused. It would've been intimidating if it didn't fascinate Serenity so much. He didn't ask her to, but she tried to stay out of his way whenever they discussed important business. He wanted her around all the time, but she knew she was a distraction, so she made herself scarce when things got too heated. She knew Jason appreciated that.

By the third show, she had all of the songs memorized. She loved watching him perform night after night and never got bored. Watching him perform as a curious fan was one thing; as her lover, it was another.

Tristan was a born showman. He wore his talent like a glove. Being an entertainer was effortless for him and Nyle filled in all the blanks. The two of them had a playfulness onstage together that was a joy to watch, often trading off on lyrics together and leaning up against one another whenever they shared a song or when Nyle did guitar solos. Nyle was fascinating to watch as well. He was mesmerizing and a gifted guitar player, up there with Eddie Van Halen and Slash. With the rest of the band genius musicians and vocalists in their own right, it all tied in together like a perfect puzzle. The five band members genuinely liked one another, and it showed. Their chemistry and harmony were effortless.