Chapter 1

Saturday, July 11th, 2009

"Tristan Knight requests the pleasure of your acquaintance."

Serenity Harris looked up at the big, burly bodyguard hovering over her and swallowed hard. She squinted at him through the dim light of the club. "Huh?" she squeaked over the noise.

"Tristan Knight would like to see you."

Serenity's heart pounded in her chest as she tried to digest the massive man's words. Had he said what she thought he'd said? She half-stood off the shaky bar stool she was sitting on and strained her ear closer to his mouth. "Did you say Tristan Knight?"

The man sighed with impatience and pointed over his shoulder towards the other side of the room. "Yes!"

Serenity's eyes widened with acknowledgment as her eyes met the dreamiest set of eyes she'd ever seen on a man. Tristan Knight was standing on the other side of the room intensely looking at her. There were a swarm of people around him but he wasn't paying them any attention. His sole focus was on her and her only.

Serenity swallowed nervously and licked her dry lips. He was as perfect in person as he'd been up on that stage when she'd seen him almost two hours before. She'd had no idea he was coming to this club. In the touring booklet she'd stolen from one of the drunken fans standing next to her, it'd said their next gig was the following day in Atlanta, GA. She'd been sure they'd hit the road after their show to get there and rest up before their performance. She wondered what had made him stay.

Tristan was holding a drink in his hand and he raised it to her and crookedly smiled. Her panties instantly got wet and she squeezed her thighs together as she sat back down. She looked up at the guard and mutely nodded. "Okay."

"Sit here for a minute. He'll be with you shortly."

With that, he was gone. Surreptitiously, Serenity looked back over at Tristan and softly gasped when she saw he was still staring at her. She looked around the club, wondering where in the hell her best friend Kara had disappeared to. Kara was going to lose it when Serenity told her what the bodyguard had said. She and Kara had been best friends since they were eleven years old and in all those years, Kara was always the one to break rank whenever something or someone more interesting came along. Although both girls were eighteen, Kara's mother Brooke had made them both swear to travel as a pack and never leave one another, because there was always some crazy fool out there waiting to take advantage of beautiful young girls. Serenity guessed pop stars didn't come into the fray.

The ladies had gone to a Knight and Nyle concert that day. Knight and Nyle were an on the rise pop act that consisted of Tristan Knight, his best friend Nyle Wentworth, and a few of their friends. The group was new on the scene and had just hit the Billboard Top Ten with their number 1 single, "Hate to Love You". Tristan took the lead on most of the songs, while Nyle mostly sang co-lead or background with the other guys. The album had been released a year earlier, but it wasn't until the single was released that the band really took off. Since then, you couldn't turn on the radio or television without hearing their songs or seeing an interview. Upon hearing the single and then seeing the video, Serenity was instantly attracted to Tristan and when she heard they were coming to her hometown Charlotte, NC for a promotional tour, she didn't think twice about buying a ticket or asking Kara to go with her. Kara did, begrudgingly. She didn't think much of the group or their music. She was more of a heavy metal fan, much to the chagrin of her mother.