Chapter 16

Before she could stop herself, the question that had been haunting her for ten days vomited from her lips. "Who was that girl?"

"What girl?"

Tristan's hands kept exploring her breasts as he sucked her neck. She could feel his erection pressing against her ass and knew he was ready for more too. But she wasn't moving further until her questions were answered.

Serenity hedged and pressed forward. "The one you were with in Atlanta. I saw you on television with a girl. Some blonde. You guys were going into the arena and you... had your arm around her." Fighting the distraction of his hands on her body, she sat up and away from him, turning to him with a somber expression on her face. "Who is she?"

Tristan's eyes were nonplussed as he looked at her. "You questioning me already?" he quipped with a half-smile.

Serenity's confidence faltered and her eyes fell. "No. I'd just like to know."

Tristan slightly shrugged. "No one special. Just some random chick."

Serenity blinked at his dismissive words and sat back on her hips, crossing her arms. "If she was some random chick why were you hanging all over her?"

"I wasn't hanging all over her babe."

Serenity's breath hitched in her throat at the word babe and she widely looked at him. As if realizing what he'd called her, he blanched and stoically looked at her in return. Babe was so much different than baby and they both knew it. Baby was a term of endearment most men used on any given number of women... But babe? That was softer. Affectionate. Personal. Their relationship had turned a corner and they both felt it in that instant. This man was a superstar. He was used to having his way and getting what he wanted. Having people fawn over him and cater to him. The fact that was he explaining things to her and he didn't have to; had probably never done so with another woman in his life was not lost on Serenity. Hope and faith multiplied a thousand times in her soul.

Momentarily, the tension in his face eased and he easily smiled at her.

"She's just someone I know," he patiently answered her. "I've hung out with her a few times when I was in Atlanta and she showed up at the venue."

"When you say hung out with her, what do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. We've hung out. Nothing special. Not dating or anything like that. She's just cool. That's all."

"Where did you go once you guys were inside?"

"Are you asking me if she came to my room?"

Irritability sliced her skin like ice-cubes at the playful tone in his voice. "Yes Tristan. That's what I'm asking you."

Tristan hid a smile and bit his lip. "She went to her room and I went to mine."

"Why did she have a room in the hotel?"

"A lot of fans get rooms in the hotels we're staying in."

He was being too fucking vague and it was starting to piss her off. "Did you sleep with her?"

Tristan simply looked at her.

"Did you?"

He took his time answering her. "Would it bother you if I did?"

Afraid to answer him, Serenity looked down at the sheets and absently clutched them with her fingers. She tightly rubbed her lips together and reminded herself to breathe. Whatever his answer, she could take it. She would not fall apart. She would not take his head off. They weren't exclusive. She didn't know what the hell they were. He didn't belong to her. Why should she expect him to be faithful to her just because he'd taken her virginity? Just because they'd had mind-blowing, toe-curling sex? Just because she loved him with all that she was and hadn't known how incredible life could be until he'd entered hers?