Chapter 19

Warning: Locked and loaded sexy banter ahead...

"I miss you already."

Serenity smiled into the phone and closed her eyes, picturing his handsome face. "Not more than I miss you."

"Walter get you squared away with everything?"

Serenity glanced over at the several bags of groceries on the seat across from her in the limousine and grimaced. "Yes, he did. Tristan seriously, you didn't have to do all this. You already gave me money for rent and clothes. You didn't have to hire me a driver and make him take me food shopping."

"Didn't you say you needed food? That your refrigerator is empty?"

"Yeah well but... I didn't say that for you to do anything, I was just talking."

"Well, now you don't have to worry about it because I took care of it."

Serenity's eyes misted as she adjusted the phone to her ear and shifted uncomfortably in the seat. She still wasn't used to the way Tristan had been spoiling her for the past three days and she wasn't sure she'd ever get used to it. But she did appreciate it.

"Thank you Tristan."

"You don't have to thank me baby. I'll do anything I can to make you happy. You deserve it. Especially with all the happiness you give me."

Serenity smiled and rolled her eyes. "Don't be dramatic Tristan, all I do is fuck you. Anyone can do that."

Tristan was silent and Serenity stilled with her eyes wide. She hoped she hadn't said anything to offend him.

"You don't get it, do you?" he softly asked her.

Serenity fiddled with the button-down halter dress she was wearing. "Get what?"

"I just told you I missed you. I just told you I want to make you happy. I told you you make me happy. What more do I have to do to show you I'm serious about you?"

Serenity glanced up at the tinted glass that separated her from Walter in the driver's seat, thankful that he couldn't see or hear her. She knew she looked and sounded silly. Especially with the tears falling down her cheeks. She glanced out the window and silently watched the world go by around her. She and Walter were driving further away from the upscale beauty of downtown Charlotte into the urban area where she lived, dark, desolate, and hopeless. In about fifteen more minutes, she'd be back into the pits of apathetic hell. She didn't deserve this happiness. She didn't deserve any of this.

"Serenity," Tristan coaxed. "Do you understand how I feel about you?"

Serenity twisted her lips and shifted in the plush leather seat again, her body heating up at the husky tone in Tristan's voice. The man never ceased to turn her on or make her heart sing. Still, they weren't even a thing. How long would this last? She was afraid to get her hopes up too much. She was sure some other helpless, beautiful chick would come along sooner or later. She was certain Triple D was just waiting in the shadows somewhere, chomping at the bits to feel Tristan's d*ck inside of her again. Her body coiled in disgust and she dry-heaved, swallowing hard.

She closed her eyes and wiped her head. "Yes Tristan," she answered. "I know."

"You don't sound convincing. I guess I'm going to have to keep showing you."

Serenity wiped her eyes. "I believe you Tristan."

"I do miss you."

She swallowed a cry forming in her throat. "And I do miss you." She got herself together and changed the subject. "You guys in Cleveland yet?" Cleveland was where they were having their next show.