Chapter 7

Kara walked back and forth with her hands on her hips. Serenity stood safely on the other side of the room, almost afraid to move. She'd seen Kara pissed off before but it had never been directed towards her. Sure they had little spats from time to time but it never got physical. She didn't know where the hell all of this was coming from. So she'd had sex with Tristan Knight, a stranger. Okay. But it wasn't enough to warrant a physical assault. Serenity hadn't been expecting that kind of a reaction. She didn't expect her best friend to be overjoyed at her losing her virginity to an alleged playboy popstar but the way she was acting was a bit much, even for her.

Kara stopped pacing and critically looked at Serenity. "So how long did you wait?"

Serenity rubbed her face and worked her jaw. "What?"

"After I left. How long was it before he lured you into his bed?"

"He didn't lure me Kara."

"Whatever Serenity. How long was it? How long did it take for him to seduce you?"

Serenity shook her head in frustration. It didn't matter how many times she told Kara sleeping with Tristan was voluntary; she was still going to think whatever the fuck she wanted about it.

She tucked her chin to her chest and defensively crossed her arms, worrying her lip. "Two hours," she timidly replied.

Kara walked closer to her and squinted her eyes. "What did you say?"

Serenity bravely looked at her and tucked a hair behind her ear. She fought against rolling her neck and instead put up four fingers. "Two. Hours."

Kara looked at her in disbelief and laughed. It wasn't a humorous laugh but was dry and sarcastic. "Holy shit Serenity." She walked to the table and put her hands on top of it, staring down. "Holy shit."

Serenity rolled her eyes and looked away from Kara, subconsciously tapping her foot in irritation. She should go. She really should. This was only going to get worse. Who the fuck did Kara think she was? She knew they were best friends and what she had done had indeed been impulsive and unwise but she'd hardly call it stupid or foolish. She'd known what she was doing. She knew what she wanted and it was him. She still wanted him. She wanted him more than she wanted her next breath. It was too bad she wasn't going to get her wish.

"Two hours Ren?" Kara gawked in disbelief. "Two fucking hours? You were with Caleb for umpteen years and if he so much as thought about putting his d*ck anywhere near you, you shot him down with the quickness. Now Tristan fucking Knight comes along with his smooth talk and debonair voice and you just laid down and fucked him without a second thought?"

Serenity rubbed her temple and looked down at the floor, pursing her lips. She didn't offer Kara an explanation for that because she didn't have one. She was as confused about her behavior last night as Kara was. But she still wasn't sorry. And she didn't feel bad about it.