Chapter 6: Failure and Loss

Here is the continuation, with the consequences of the death of Shmi. Hope you like it! Feel free to vote or comment.

Kyria's point of view

I was sitting in the living room, cross-legged. I had tried to sleep, but an overwhelming feeling of grief, invaded my heart.

It had reinforced my concern for Anakin. Since then, I couldn't get back to sleep, too many thoughts invading my mind. On the other hand, it would allow me to better watch over Padmé and the Lars.

Suddenly, I heard a rolling sound and saw the purple patterns of R6 approaching me, beeping quietly so as not to wake the house.

Me: I can't get to sleep, yes

She continued, in a worried tone.

Me smiling: I'm fine, R6. I'm just worried about Anakin. I really hope he made it.

My little droid beeped enthusiastically with green lights, showing me that he was quite capable of handling himself

Me: It's not his survival skills, that worry me. It's his heart...

R6 emitted a small beep of reproach, towards me. The red light, showed it well

Me vexed: What do you mean, I should have accepted his feelings?

R6 continued to beep, in a more severe tone

Me, sighing: I am a Jedi, R6. We can't afford such things!

But that didn't seem to deter my friend's enthusiasm.

Me: What do you mean, I'm using it as an excuse?

Then she seemed to calm down, taking on a calmer beep but remaining firm.

Me, sighing: Sure, R6. I'd love to...but our lives don't allow it. And I'm afraid...Of what it might do to us. To him and to me. Now, can we talk about something else, please?

R6 beeped a little with an orange flash, but didn't protest. So she reported back to me on C3-PO, marveling at the droid's ability to talk non-stop without its circuits overheating. I smiled, amused. It was Anakin's creation, so I wasn't surprised that it was a great performer, despite the materials available.

As we talked, I didn't see daylight, and soon a speeder sounded. I hurriedly got up to see.

Immediately I saw Anakin on the speeder with a blanket covering a figure. As I looked up, I could see the frown on Anakin's face, covering a rage and great sorrow. What I had feared had happened. Lars and Padme soon arrived. Carefully, he took the figure and went inside the house, silently, making me more worried about him.

Later,

While the family prepared for Shmi's funeral, I went to see where Anakin was. I soon found him in the back, in a sort of storage room, following his light, darkened by grief. He was sitting with his head in his lap, crying.

I could see Padme trying to comfort him, but he seemed to keep crying. So I took courage and went to him. I knelt to his left while Padme calmed him down a bit, stroking his hair tenderly.

Me: Anakin.

He raised his head and looked at me with blue eyes that were completely red with grief and...shame. The young man turned his gaze away, to avoid meeting mine.

Me: Anakin, tell me what happened.

Anakin: I...I don't want to...you'd be horrified...I...I did something horrible

I put a hand on his in a gentle way to give him courage. But he remained frozen, seemingly closed. Sighing, I stood up, disappointed

Me: I see you're more open with Padme than you are with me now. So I'll leave you two alone.