Chapter 17: The Fate of Alderaan

Here is the continuation, with the interrogation of the princess and what will follow. Hope you like it. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or comment.

Vader's point of view

The trust of these fools towards this technological abomination, repulsed me. The worst is especially this snake of Tarkin, so proud of the little jewel he stole from Krennic, that he thought he was superior to all. No weapon could surpass the Force!

Nevertheless, I had a mission to accomplish and I was determined to succeed. The princess knew the location of the rebel base and I was going to get it out of her.

Accompanied by an interrogation droid, I made my way to her cell where she was waiting. Hiding in the coldest corner of the cell, she watched me defiantly, though I could see fear in her eyes. Perfect! This cheeky little girl was beginning to understand her situation. And more, when she saw the black spherical device, with the syringe ready to implant the drug

Me: You have one last chance, princess. Where is the secret rebel base?

Leia: You will get nothing from me, Vader!

Me: Very well.

I signaled to start the process and the robot approached the rebel. She tried to move away from it, but I held her back with the Force.

Despite her screams, it succeeded in its mission and implanted the product. I released her as I watched her body tremble. Her eyes were blurry and she couldn't seem to distinguish what was real and what was not.

Leia: Father? It hurts!

Me: It's okay, child. Tell me where the base was and the pain will stop.

She was about to open her mouth, before closing it again. She clenched her teeth, staring at me with great strength.

Leia: No! I recognize that black stench! I won't tell you, Vader!

I was surprised at her resistance and also frustrated! How had she managed to extract herself from the drug, so quickly? How could she discern the truth? Unless...she used the Force...that meant...someone had taught her the basics. Could it be this Shmi Starlis? Definitely, this Jedi was more trouble than I thought!

Seeing that the drug wasn't working, I tried more brutal methods. Choking, electrocution by the droid... Nothing could break the young woman, who kept her mouth closed. I was both impressed and frustrated by her resistance. But why was I seeing Kyria suffer, with every one of her screams? It had been years since her ghost had haunted me. I thought I had buried it, in the darkness. Why was this pain coming back now?

Seeing that I would get nothing out of it, besides making me suffer by seeing my beloved in this cursed princess, I decided to stop. So I went out, with my escort and the interrogation droid. On my way to Tarkin for my report, a vision came to me. It was similar to the one that had destroyed my life.

"I saw Kyria sweating, looking at Kenobi with a pleading glow. Lying on a hospital bed in a white patient's outfit. Her round belly, bearing our second hope for a better and forever tarnished future, highlighted. She was panting, looking like she was in great pain.

Kyria: Obi-Wan...Anakin...Is he...

The latter looked down in sadness.

Kenobi: I'm sorry, Kyria.

You liar! You left me, crippled and burned! And now you lie, to Kyria! It's your fault if she is no longer there! You will pay me, Kenobi! She looked at him, crying, not seeming to believe his words, but I could see her tears and her pain. It always tore my heart out to see her like that. It also increased my rage towards my former master.