Chapter 27: The cave of crystals

Hi! Here is the continuation with the adventure of Kyria and Leia in Dantooine. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or to comment.

Leia's point of view

We were in the cockpit of the Falcon, on our way to Dantooine. I was looking at Kyria who was sitting next to me, looking peaceful. I wondered what she could be thinking. Han and his friend Chewbacca were in command. They were both dialing the coordinates to return to light speed.

Han: Tell me, Your Majesty. Why do we have to go to Dantooine?

Me: I'd like to know that too. It was Kyria who asked us to go there.

Han: And I suppose you're not going to tell us.

Kyria: You guess right, Captain.

Chewbacca shouted, as if to give his answer too

Han: Yeah, I'm like you, Chewie. But I guess she's as crazy as the old man.

Kyria: Watch your words, Captain. Or you may "slip" again.

I couldn't help but grin with amusement as I imagined the scene, as we launched into light speed.

Han: Don't forget who's flying, honey

Kyria more severe: I am married, I remind you. Lucky for you, my husband can't hear you. Otherwise, he would have marked the walls with your face

Han: And who is this mysterious husband?

Kyria: A powerful man and VERY much in love with me.

Han: Possessive, then.

Kyria: You could say that, yes. But he has extenuating circumstances.

Han: Sure...And I imagine other women would agree with you, on that subject.

I thought the captain's reaction was strange. It was as if he cared about this subject. And I was not the only one intrigued.

Kyria: What do you mean by that?

Han: I have known women, some of whom had possessive husbands. It never ended well.

Kyria: I appreciate your advice, Captain. But I want you to know that I know what I was getting into when I chose to marry her.

Han: I can only hope so. You have a good heart, even if you are a little... strange, at times. It would be unfortunate if you fell in with a bad spouse.

Kyria and I remained silent, completely stunned by the smuggler's words. I looked at my aunt, with a triumphant smile, while she rolled her eyes slightly. My aunt didn't like him too much, because he came from the underworld. I wanted to show her that he was a good person, though.

The trip went smoothly, my aunt continued to train me to better master the Force, while warning me of the dangers of emotions, such as anger, fear or hate. For these could lead me down a dark path, doing unfortunate things. As if she had experienced it.

Me: Have you ever experienced that?

She lowered her eyes sadly, at this question.

Kyria: My husband... Had lost his mother. Caught up in his grief, he eliminated all the kidnappers, without distinguishing the guilty from the innocent. I...almost followed his example, when Bail died. Fortunately, I was able to realize my mistake before committing the irreparable.

Then she turned to me, taking a more severe look

Kyria: That's why you have to be careful with those emotions. If you let them get the better of you, you could become exactly what you don't want to be.