Chapter 58: Return to the past

Hi! Here is the continuation with the arrival of the twins in the period of the prelogy. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or to comment.

Luke's point of view

Having used my life force to help the Resistance out of the First Order's trap, I saw my life flash by. Then, a sight I never knew I would miss so much. The vision of twin suns setting reminded me of the place where it all began. Tatooine, the birthplace of our family. My home... The Skywalker home.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my left shoulder, then another on my right. I didn't have to turn around to know who they belonged to.

Me: Sorry...Father...Mother....For disappointing the hopes placed in me.

Father: You didn't fail, son. You did what you could. The task was too great, even for you.

Mother: And though it was not what we hoped for, you chose to be free, even from the Force. To choose your own destiny, my son. Now let the younger generation decide their own future.

Me: Yes...

I smiled, now at peace. Letting the Force take me and make my body disappear. Joining those who have already left to become the guide for those in need.

Leia's point of view

Above Endor, I was dueling with the monster my son had become. No matter how hard I tried to talk to him, nothing seemed to reach him.

I skillfully dodged a brutal attack from him and parried his return, placing my blade perpendicular to his. I was careful not to get too close to the threatening little red growths, giving his weapon the appearance of a red plasma sword.

Me: Ben, please!

Ben: Ben Solo is dead, Mother. And you will soon join him.

Me: That's not true. I'm sure there's some good left in you.

Ben: I will never be a weakling like you and Uncle Luke! I will follow in grandfather Vader's footsteps and finish his work.

With my strength, I managed to shift and faced my son, my blue plasma blade in guard position.

Me: Why?

I tried to contain the pain in my heart, but the hoarse voice betrayed me. I couldn't figure it out. Han and I gave him all our love. Why did he prefer this heartless, ruthless being over us?

Ben sneered: Because I will never again carry the burden of the Skywalkers! I am now Kylo Ren! I will destroy the past and build my own path! No more rules! No more expectations! No more chains!

And as I saw his golden yellow eyes, staring at me with hatred, I could not close my eyes to what I knew all along. But even so, I didn't have the strength to raise my blade against him and kill him. Even though he was a threat to the galaxy, I didn't have the strength to bear the burden anymore. Especially after the death of my siblings and my love.

Me: So be it. You want to destroy the Skywalker family. Do so, my son. But no matter how hard you try to erase it, that name will forever be linked to you. And so will the Organa legacy.

Ben: No, Mother. When you are gone, there will be no Skywalker or Organa! I will no longer have any ties to my powers and my life!

I sighed, closing my eyes and moving into a guarded position, opening myself to him. As with Obi-Wan, I closed my eyes and let my son end my life. I felt the red plasma blade about to touch me, before I felt myself disappear into the Force.

When I woke up again, it was to find myself on the floor of an apartment. Most of all, I could feel the fresh air in the room. Who has the idea to open the window at night? Suddenly, I felt a weapon pointed at me, recognizing a blaster pistol, but an old model. From the Old Republic. Yet it felt strangely new.