Chapter 71: Loss and Revelation

Hi! Here's the next part, with a discussion between Padmé and Kyria and an interrogation full of revelations. Feel free to vote if you liked it or to comment.

Kyria's point of view

Now that I'm no longer a Jedi, I wasn't sure what to do. My first reaction was to go and see Bail, but I discovered that he wasn't there. So I went to Padmé's house, hoping she'd be there. Fortunately, she was, for a servant announced me to her, having presented me with my request when I arrived.

So I folded my hands and closed my eyes, hoping to find comfort in the Force. But all I could find was this dark embrace waiting to awaken. I couldn't help but shiver as I felt that cold embrace run through my senses.

Voice: Madame?

I was cut off in my trance, and stared at the servant whose face was hooded by her refined dark cloak. But I knew better. Beauty undoubtedly hid a formidable trap, for she was a formidable fighter. Ready to defend the senator, in case of danger.

Servant: The senator will be with you in a moment, Madame. Would you like something in the meantime?

Me: No. I'm fine. Thank you, ma'am.

She inclined her head and walked away. Leaving me alone in the apartment's large main room. In the meantime, I sat down on the sofa and closed my eyes, trying to find some relief from my delicate situation. Unfortunately, I could only feel this dark presence in the Force. And that worried me greatly. Where could it have come from?

Padmé: I didn't expect to see you so soon, Kyria.

I opened my eyes and greeted my friend with a smile. She was wearing a simple, elegant new purple outfit. Where in the world did she get so many clothes?

Me: Thank you Padmé, for wanting to see me. I imagine you must be busy.

Padmé: It's true that I have a lot of work to do. But I'll always find time for my friends. Is there a problem, Kyria?

I took a deep breath, trying to find the courage to announce my decision. And my uncertainty about my future.

Padmé : Kyria?

Me: I've left the Jedi Order.

There was a moment's silence, as I saw her come and sit down opposite me. I could see and feel her surprise and confusion, despite her calm expression. We stayed like that for a moment, staring into each other's eyes in chilling silence.

Padmé: Does Bail know?

Me: Not yet. But it won't be long, I think.

Padmé: I won't judge you. You must have had a good reason for doing it.

Me: I couldn't see myself anymore. The Jedi Order is betraying its own foundations and becoming nothing more than a caricature of itself. They claim to have knowledge and light. They've never been as ignorant and obscure as they are today.

Padmé: This analysis corresponds terribly to mine, for the Republic. You and I have the impression that we're seeing our worlds crumble little by little. But I don't have the courage to give up. The Republic is like a part of me.

Me: So is the Jedi Order for me. But I don't know if my act is bravery or cowardice. The fact remains that I could no longer fight for a cause in which I no longer believed.

Padmé: Well...let's hope hope isn't fatal for me. What are you going to do now?

Me: That's just it...I...Now that I'm no longer a Jedi, I'm lost. It was my whole life, until now. How can I live without it?