Chapter 20: Burning Duel(Part 2)

Here is the continuation with the end of the duel between the two great friends and enemies. Hope you like it. Feel free to vote (if you like) or comment.

Vader's point of view

We continued our battle. Despite his age, the old Jedi was able to hold his own against me, parrying my attacks. Reminding me of the battle on Mustafar

"The fight had been going on for a long time, none of my attacks could break through my old master's strong defense. Despite all my efforts. Soon; we reached a bridge to continue the fight. With a wave of my hand, I pushed him back before attempting to attack him. However, Kenobi stopped me by holding my hand, while I did the same for his. So we struggled to gain an advantage over each other while the lava was in full fury."

I was trying to gain an advantage by the power of the blows. But just like on Mustafar, he kept parrying my attacks, evading me. Only defending, I tried to destabilize him, forcing him to cross our two blades. His blade was placed perpendicular to mine. To my amusement, I saw him trembling, despite his calmness. Little by little, I was bending him, by my robotic strength.

Me: Your power is weakening, old man.

He broke the guard and attempted an impalement with a sharp blow, which I deflected with a simple and powerful blow. With a spin, he returned to his position toward me, and though he threatened with his blade, I dominated the duel.

Kenobi: You can't win. If you defeat me...I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.

Me: And I will show you the true nature

With these words, I threw various projectiles at him with the Force. First a crate, which he cut with a clean slice, then a barrel. The barrel exploded on contact with the blade, giving me protection, which I was quick to take. Thus, I gave him a series of frontal attacks of great brutality. I used all my rage I had stored up since Mustafar and, as on the volcanic planet, Kenobi continued to parry my attacks, trying to use my openings to get the better of me. And just as in our previous encounter, I countered. During one of my attacks, he managed to duck and move to the other side. Thereafter, he tried another fast attack to impale me. An attempt that I stopped clearly, before taking me some attacks of my former master. No !! I will not let him have any more advantages!

"The fight continued to be intense, in the walkway above the boiling lava river. One of the projections interrupted our confrontation. This powerful spray spilled onto our bridge, threatening its stability. This was followed by a rain of fire, forcing us to take cover.

As the bridge began to fail, we hurried back to our previous location to avoid falling into the lava. The bridge collapsed and our previous location was engulfed by the river of fire. I stared at my former master, driven by the sole desire to kill him. He was an obstacle that I had to eliminate.

My former master was trying, in a pathetic maneuver, to trap me on the bridge threatening to fall over a magma waterfall. Unfortunately for him, I managed to get out of the way with a Force jump, landing on a worker robot, forcing it to drop its small tank and bringing me closer to Kenobi's bridge. We exchanged a few more blows before stopping to face each other again. The heat was on our skin, but not as much as the flames inside my heart.

Kenobi: I lost you, Anakin! I lost you!

Me: I should have realized that the Jedis were plotting against the Chancellor! Especially after what they tried to do to Kyria!