Chapter 31: The Chase

Hi! Here is the continuation with the pursuit of the Falcon and the arrival on Dagobah. Feel free to vote (if you like it) and to comment.

Leia's point of view

The situation could not have been worse! We were being chased by a cruiser, accompanied by four Tie fighters, who wouldn't let go of us. Kyria was sitting next to me, behind Chewie. The Falcon was shaking from the many shots they were taking. The Wookie was grunting something I couldn't understand

Yes! I saw them! I saw them!

Leia: Saw what?

Kyria: The destroyers facing us. However, that might work in our favor, if flyboy is good at flying.

C3-PO stepped in to say something, but didn't have time, as a jolt knocked him down onto Chewie. It was at that moment that I saw Kyria's worried face. What was she so worried about? I didn't have time to ask her, I had to hold on. With a clever maneuver, Han managed to get away from the cruisers. However, the fighters were still on our tail.

Kyria: It won't be easy, flyboy. You will have a great challenge to face.

Han: What? These fighters? A formality. In any case, we'll be going into light speed soon.

Kyria: If only the Force would let you. Because if it doesn't, you'll be facing a formidable opponent.

My aunt's words worried me. What opponent was she talking about? In any case, it was not good for us.

Han: Relax, ladies. Soon we'll be leaving those imperialists behind.

C3-PO was about to say something, but another jolt cut him off. And I couldn't help but feel nervous. If my aunt was worried, I hoped that Han would be able to get us out of there. He was a good pilot, but good enough to deal with this mysterious imperial pilot?

Me: They're getting closer!

Han: Oh yeah? Look at that!

He pulled the crank, entering light speed. Unfortunately, an ominous sound of something turning off, only increased my anxiety.

Me, annoyed: See what?

Han, worried: I think we have a problem...

C3-PO: If I may say so, Captain, the hyperdrive is damaged. We can't get to light speed!

Me: And you couldn't tell before!

C3-PO: I was trying, Princess.

Han: In any case, we've got a big problem!

With that, he left the cockpit and headed to the back of the ship to begin some makeshift repairs. I supposed it.

Kyria immediately took the controls, trying to get us out of there. Although unfamiliar with the Falcon's controls, I could see that she was able to dodge the Tie fighters' fire despite being outnumbered.

Suddenly, she made a sharp turn to avoid a meteorite. It narrowly missed the Falcon. However, the smuggler's curses could be heard in the distance.

Me: Han, come here!

The latter did not delay to return, with his faithful friend, taking again the post of pilot that Kyria had given up. I warned him, that we are facing an asteroid field. I hoped that he would not have the madness, to enter there...