Chapter 39: Acceptance

Here is the next part, with the adventures of the Skywalkers during their stay in the Rebel fleet. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or comment.

Leia's point of view

Several days later,

I was sitting in a chair in my office, eyes closed to calm my mind. So much had happened, in such a short time. First, I learned that Luke was my brother, then to accept my feelings for Han. Then I found out that my aunt was actually my birth mother and that I had Vader's blood in my veins. At this thought, I could not help but cry with rage. Why was life so cruel to me? How could a woman like her have children with this monster? Maybe he raped her several times?

Suddenly, I felt a soothing embrace, calming the fire inside me. Such a soft and warm warmth...Similar to Kyria. Or rather, Mother. I stood up, scanning the cabin around me. Nothing...Yet I felt her presence. But she had been captured by Vader, our...father. How could she be here?

"Trust in the Force, my child..."

I must have been tired from the recent events. A little rest wouldn't hurt. When I turned my gaze to Luke, he seemed to smile. As if he had just seen an old friend, from long ago. Or...

Me: Luke, we are brother and sister!

He cut off his thoughts, looking at me with a blush

Luke: What...No! I wasn't thinking that, Leia! It's just that I enjoyed the sight of Mother holding you, to reassure you.

Me: What...did you see it?

Luke: Yes. She still seemed to be sizzling, but she was there, wanting to reassure you.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. Why was he able to see her and not me? Luke was always the more open and calm of the two of us.

Luke: Leia, you could see her if you listen to the Force.

Me: Luke...I don't think so...

He gave me an amused smile, cutting me off with his right index finger.

Luke: A wise old man told me on Dagobah. "Do it or don't do it. There is no try." Leia, your connection to the Force is as strong as it is to me. It's your fear that blocks you.

Me: But Luke... I don't have your experience...

Luke: You're selling yourself short, Leia. Believe in yourself and your potential.

I closed my eyes, trying to control my fear. Immediately I felt Mother's comforting presence again, with her warm flame. It was small, but it was enough to calm me down. Gradually, a figure about my size came into view, hooded, wearing Jedi attire. She was sizzling, but I could make out a smile through her hood. As Luke said, she was sizzling. What was the reason?

Mother: Do not be ashamed of your heritage, my daughter. Make it a strength.

Me: But...how can I? Darth Vader has...

She cut me off with a finger to my lips.

Mother: If you want to understand your father, my daughter, you must know how to step back.

Me: I don't want to understand him! He has destroyed so much! And I'm sure we were conceived, in pain!

Luke: Leia!

Me: No need to hide from it, Luke! How could our mother love such a man? I want nothing to do with him! For me, he is not my father, and never will be!

I could feel my mother's sadness at her words.

Mother: For someone who doesn't want to be Vader, you look a lot like him, girl.