Chapter 49: Decisions

Hi! Here is the continuation with the beginning of the last act with the arrival at the village and the decision of Luke.we hope that you like it! Don't hesitate to vote if you liked it or to comment!

Shmi's point of view

I gritted my teeth at the sight of the man who destroyed my entire family for his own personal ambitions. The man who used Father as a common slave.

Palpatine sneering: So much anger and hatred. Worthy daughter of her father.

Me: I must say that your ugliness is beyond my imagination, in your regard, majesty.

My reflection earned me a sharp blow to the back, which forced me to drop to one knee.

Palpatine: And just as lovely. But just as with your Father, you will teach me to respect myself and call me Master

Me: In your wildest dreams, old man!

Guard: Have a little more respect for his Majesty, you vermin

And this earned me a new one, in the face. Although my forehead was bleeding, my resolve was still as strong as before.

Palpatine sneering: Organa determination. How funny. The perfect combination of the two dynasties. Did you know, young lady, that before your father, I was considering making your mother my apprentice?

Although I hid as best I could, my face betrayed my surprise at this statement.

Me: My mother was the model of the ideal Jedi. Good luck trying!

He laughed in amusement at my statement

Palpatine: Your mother had anger in her too. Oh yes...a beautiful black seed waiting to grow. Nothing to envy to your father's. They were both so similar, yet different. They would have been the perfect couple, in my Empire. You see...I would have brought you all together, instead of separating you.

Me: All the better to make us your servants!

Palpatine: The least you could do for your family peace, don't you think?

I bit my lips, trying not to listen to him. But the snake's hypnotic arguments echoed in my aching heart.

Palpatine: Under my Empire, you would have been a family, united, far from the overbearing Jedi. The latter having brought far more misfortune than I. After all, you could have had a father watching you grow up, with a loving, living mother.

Me: This happened because of you!

His laughter annoyed me, as much as it made my blood run cold.

Palpatine: Oh? Didn't you know that?

Me: Knew what?

Palpatine: If your mother is no longer of this world, it is not because of a broken heart or childbirth. It was the Jedis who murdered her.

Me: You're lying! I will not fall for your trick!

Palpatine: What trap? I am only telling the truth. Cruel as it may be. But if you don't believe me, look for yourself.

With that, he pressed a button on his seat and holographic images appeared in front of us. These were images of my mother, shortly after Luke and Leia were born. I could tell by her hospital outfit and her words, talking about several children. And what I saw next enraged me to no end. Bail was about to snatch Leia from her crib, and Mother saw it, further inflaming her anger. This eventually led to her fall to the dark side and a fatal duel with Kenobi, in which her brother participated, injuring her.