Chapter 72: Hereditary blunder

Hi! Here's the sequel, with a little gaffe. Well, a big one :P. If you liked it, feel free to vote or comment.

Rey's point of view

Having thus received the Council's order, I set off towards the cells, to question my mother and hope that she could give the vital information for the Order. They weren't perfect, but I didn't think they deserved to be destroyed. A reform was enough to change what was necessary. The end seems extreme to me. So I hoped to make my mother understand.

I went to the east wing and told the guard my mission. He was hooded, revealing a similar grey breastplate with a helmet of the same color, displaying the aura of a warrior guardian. Hanging from his belt, I could see the wrist of a dull gray double lightsaber.

Me: I've come to see the prisoner in cell 6, for interrogation.

Guard: Are you padawan Rey? I'm surprised he'd ask you about such a dangerous individual. I've never seen the masters of the Council so preoccupied and worried, after his interrogation.

Me: I appreciate your concern, but everything will be fine.

Guard: Be careful, little one.

So he opened the door and I stepped inside, taking a deep breath before heading for Mother's cell. The small crack showed the intensity of her anger during the meeting with the Jedi masters. I shuddered at the sight. I was always impressed and worried by the savage power of this one, even if she managed to control it. She was sitting cross-legged, her eyes closed in a calm that could be deceptive.

Mother: They finally sent you. How nice of them.

I could feel the irony in her words as she opened her eyes, revealing her beautiful violet eyes that bear an uncanny resemblance to Kyria.

Me: Mother...Why all this hatred for the Order? I know they're not perfect, but this doesn't deserve such treatment.

Mother: Don't deserve?!

I could feel a dark flow coming from her, a yellow glint appearing in her eyes before disappearing immediately as she regained her composure.

Mother: It's true you don't know my story. I can understand how you could be so indulgent towards them.

Me: Explain, Mother.

Mother: Not here, my daughter. But know that I have good reason to want this Order destroyed.

Me: If you give them a chance, Mother, they might change.

She laughed, hearing my answer.

Mother: Like they gave my parents? I'm sorry, daughter, but my grievance with them runs too deep for me to help. Even for you. Besides, it would go against the will of the Force.

Me shocked: Mother, you can't be serious! The Force would want to kill its greatest servants?

I expected her to be furious with me or even mock me.

Mother: Servants? Jedis defend the light side of the Force. There's no balance and you know it. They could see that, if they weren't so arrogant. But fogged in by their achievements, they're incapable of adapting.

Me: But the galaxy...would plunge into chaos!

Mother: It's all a question of point of view, my daughter. You've been corrupted by the ideals of the Order, but I don't blame you. However, I won't help the Jedis in any way. If they want to find what they're looking for, they're on their own!

Well, my approach failed. But why was Mother so vindictive against the Order? What had they done to her to make her hate them so much?

Me: Mother...Why do you hate the Jedi Order so much? I want to know.