Chapter 56: Young Desert Sensitive

Surprise! Here is the continuation with a new character. Hope you like it! Feel free to vote if you do, or comment.

Several years later,

Point of view of ???

Covered by my clothes from the burning light of the sun and the stifling heat of the planet, I was exploring the wrecks, hoping to find something interesting.

So, nimbly, I explored the bowels with the hope of a lucrative discovery. As I looked around, I could see holes in the hull, a sign of an intense battle taking place above Jakkul.

Jakkul...I have not known any other planet than this barren land, where only the carcasses of destroyers, remnants of a great battle, stood out against the endless sand dunes. As far as I know, our family had always used these carcasses to live.

However, unlike the other inhabitants, Mother had the ability to use the Force. An energy that she believed was neither light nor dark and that governed the life and death of every being in the galaxy. She could be a great friend as well as an adversary, she said.

She taught me how to use it, while learning to defend myself without it. This, with the objective of defending oneself both physically, as well as mentally, to remain free. According to her, the notion of good and evil was only a question of points of view for each one. No matter how hard I tried to ask her what she meant, she only answered with a smile, telling me that I would understand it when I grew up.

However, at thirteen years old, I still didn't understand the meaning of this statement. As I left the relic of the war between the Empire and the Rebellion, I couldn't help but look up at the sky with longing. What lay beyond Jakkul? What worlds were there to discover? If only I had the means to leave and fulfill my thirst for exploration. Unfortunately, I had nothing that would allow me to leave.

Mother often told me to be patient. That it would come, in time. Nevertheless, I wondered if this was not a way for her to keep me close to her?

With my baton between my shoulders, I went to my speeder. It was an old model and not very practical, especially with that rectangular side at the front that made it unstable and the tarnished red showed the ravages of time and Jakkul.

Once my treasure was well put away, I started and headed for the nearest village. With what I brought back, we would have enough to eat for several days.

The village began to take shape, when a sudden sandstorm caught me in its embrace. In spite of my goggles, I could see absolutely nothing. And the more I advanced, the more it intensified.

Suddenly, a white light appeared. Believing it to be the exit, I hurried to it, accelerating.

The light intensified, to the point of completely blinding me, before unconsciousness overtook me.

When I came to, I felt that I was lying on what seemed to be a blanket, but different from those in our house. It seemed more comfortable. As I opened my eyes, I could hear the rumble of machinery in motion, and a ceiling that seemed to be made of steel but not as thick as the destroyers. Where was I?

As I stood up, I could see that my staff was missing, but I still had my gray clothes on, supposedly to protect me from the planet's arid climate. But here I was shivering, feeling the cold on my skin.

Voice: You're awake! How are you?

I turned my gaze, to see a woman with orange clothes, covering her body with a hood of the same color hiding her face.

However, one detail caught my eye. It was her brown eyes shining with kindness, fear and sadness. And what I sensed from her, in the Force, confirmed it. Especially the part about the fear.