Chapitre 23: Two great friends

Hi! Here is the continuation, with a discussion between two great friends. Hope you like it. Feel free to vote( if you like it) and to comment.

Vader's point of view

The destruction of his beloved Death Star had put the Emperor in a deep anger. And I had to suffer it, full force. Now the Rebels were his priority and he demanded the elimination of the person responsible for the destruction of his precious station.

As I recovered, I reflected on the events of the battle. I thought about the two people who had caught my eye. One, looking suspiciously like my Kyria and the other...was so strong with the Force. I could feel the power of its affinity from my cockpit. And the reaction of the Kyria-like presence, had intrigued me.

Certainly my angel has always had a protective nature. Was it this, or something much deeper? I had to have the answer to my questions. Through my link, I spoke to my daughter, who was careful not to look at me in such a vulnerable position, inside my bacta tank. The result was the mutilation of Kenobi and my youthful arrogance.

Me: Shmi, I need you.

Shmi: What is it, Father?

Me: We've put this off for too long. I want you to go and investigate these two presences, during the Death Star attack. I want to know who they are.

Shmi, bowing her head slightly: It will be done, Father.

So she walked away while I continued to think about them. Especially the one that looked like Kyria. I closed my eyes, immersed in my thoughts.

In the speeder, I drove to Padmé's quarters, while Kyria cradled Shmi tenderly in her arms. Our daughter seemed calm, unlike my beloved. Her eyes were elsewhere, as if broken. Not long ago, she had to take Shmi out of the Jedi nursery, outraged by the Council's decision to make her a Jedi, without even asking our opinion. Under the pretext that we were Jedis and should understand the benefits of this decision, for the galaxy.

Me: Do you think this is the right solution, my angel?

Kyria: We have no choice. The first planet they'll look for is Alderaan. I don't want to involve my brother in this.

Me: Let's hope they don't think about Naboo

Kyria: I hope so too. At least I have a chance to raise our child.

Me: I wish I could join you...

Kyria: I know, Anakin. But you must go on, to avoid suspicion and to make sure this war ends. Then you will be free to leave the Order and live with us.

The thought of living a peaceful life with my family made me even more determined to end the war. However, I will never forgive the Jedi Order for what they tried to do with our daughter. I skillfully made my way through the heavy traffic of Coruscant, scaring my wife a little. She gritted her teeth, but said nothing, knowing my passion for flying. However, I could feel her fear a little, hugging our daughter to ensure her safety. Moreover, her look spoke for her, discreetly inciting me to slow down. Seeing this, I slowed down, soon reaching my friend's apartments late in the evening. We warned her beforehand of our arrival, indicating that it was urgent.

The senator was waiting for us, in a dark blue night dress. With tired eyes, she watched us questioningly as we got out of the speeder.

Padme: What's going on, Ani? Is this...

Kyria: Yes. That's our daughter, Shmi.

Smiling Padme: I'm happy for you both.

But when she saw Kyria's face and mine, her joy disappeared. She watched us in silence, seemingly waiting for our response.