Chapter 35: Trap and choice

Here is the continuation, with the arrival of Bespin of the two camps. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or to comment.

Shmi's point of view

I was annoyed. We didn't manage to catch the Millennium Falcon, with my sister and mother on board! How could they have escaped the radar? Besides, if they were able to enter light speed...why did they have to go head-to-head with a destroyer to do it? Unless...maybe they wanted us to think they escaped that way.

Me: Quelan.

Quelan: Yes, ma'am?

Me: What system were we in, when we were chasing the rebels?

Quelan: The one in Anoat. Do you think they are still there?

I smiled, happy to see that we had the same thought.

Me: I don't think they went into light speed. If you were in that situation, where do you think you would go?

Quelan: I would go to the nearest colony to make the necessary repairs. From the map of the sector, Bespin seems to be the most interesting place.

Me: Good. Shift to light speed and head for Bespin. As for you, Commander, I want to see you, in private.

I could feel his nervousness, at my suggestion, clearing his throat. So cute.

Quelan: Okay, ma'am.

So, we went to my quarters and I made sure to close the door behind.

Me: How long have you been serving me?

Quelan: Well...Since you took command of this cruiser.

Me: So, four years.

Quelan: Yes

I knew the reasons for his concern. During his years of service, I could notice him having some interest in my person. I had never reported it to my father, because Quelan was always respectful and then...I liked him. His charm, his skills... And he always knew how to advise me and comfort me, when I needed it. I might not be here without him.

And then, during the small party organized for the success of the last mission, he had a little drink and revealed, by inadvertence, his interest for me. I had demanded that this be kept secret, to avoid trouble with my father. Force knows, how possessive he could be, concerning me, considering me still, as a little girl. And it frustrated me, that he still refused to see me as a woman.

Me: And I thought I heard...That you had some interest in your superior.

Quelan: Uh...It's just...Ma'am...I was a little drunk and...

I took the collar of his uniform and made him come closer to me, to kiss him with force, releasing the flames of passion. At first hesitant, he finally put his hands on my sides, while I continued the dance between our tongues.

Finally, we stopped, our eyes meeting and shining with mutual love.

Me: How long before we get to Bespin?

Quelan: A few hours, I'd say.

Me: Good. I suggest we put that to good use. What do you think?

He smiles, as an answer to my question.

Later on,

On the bridge, I was watching the wormhole leading me to the gas planet. I took the opportunity to learn about Bespin. A gas planet, whose colony lived on mining and independent activity, escaping the jurisdiction of the Empire. Interesting...