Chapter 34: Training

Hi! Here is the continuation of Luke's training. Feel free to vote (if you like it) or comment.

Luke's point of view

I concentrated, trying to be calm so I could feel the Force. In a headstand, with the Jedi Master standing on one of my feet, I concentrated on lifting the stones, using the Force, to stack them. It was so small, and yet...it felt like it weighed a ton. I was having a hard time keeping it up and carefully placing it on the other stone

Yoda: Feel it...

With this sentence I was reminded of whole days of my training with Kyria, telling me to let the Force flow through me...to have control over my emotions and not let reason override my concentration.

But R2's warnings cut off my concentration and I could hardly stand on my two arms, trembling under the effort

Yoda: Focus!!!

And the Jedi Master fell to the ground, while I caught my breath. Then, after a moment's rest, I stood up to see my X-Wing sink into the lake. I watched helplessly as the last quarter-wing with its laser cannon disappeared from our view.

Me: Oh no! We're never going to get out of here!

I felt a cold wave of frustration and anger run through me. As if my words had offended something or someone. But who? I tried desperately to look around, to find the origin of this? Unfortunately, I could not find anything.

Yoda: Of course you are.

I looked at the old Jedi, trying to figure out what he meant. This tilted his head, sighing as if in despair.

"Stop thinking, Luke. Reason, hinder your potential."

Luke: Who's there?

Yoda: Always with you, nothing is possible. Don't you listen to what you're told?

Luke: Lifting a stone is one thing. This is...wait, us?!

"Size doesn't matter to the Force. Believe in it, and in yourself.

I really needed to know whose voice that was. It wasn't Ben. Was it my imagination, creating illusions?

Yoda: No. Not different, it is. Just, in your mind. Telling you again, because it's not. To say to you, Kyria does not have you?

Me: Yes. But...she's been doing this her whole life!

Yoda: Like your mother, you talk. Too much, you think. Case in point, didn't Kyria show you?

Me: She didn't have time, with the problems of the Rebellion and training Leia at the same time, in the Force

Yoda: Complicating life, Kyria is. Not surprised on his part, however. Catch this mistake, I must. Not to think anymore, you must.

How to do it? I have to think, to move.

Me: I will try

Yoda in a dry voice: No. Do it or don't do it. There is no trial.

So I took a breath and held out my hand, trying to concentrate. I tried to ignore my mind saying it was impossible and focused on getting my hunter out of the water traps.

"Yes...Keep going, son. You are on the right track."

Encouraged by this mysterious voice, I continued. Trying in vain to silence the reason that the maneuver was impossible. Unfortunately, the X-Wing was far too heavy, and I opened my eyes to see, with regret, my failure.