Chapter 7: Declaration

Here is the continuation, with the misadventure on Genosis. We hope you like it. Feel free to vote and comment.

Kyria's point of view

I was awakened by a slight startle, a sign that the ship had landed. Putting on my Jedi cloak, I took my two sabers and hung them on my belt. Then I stepped out of the cabin, followed by my faithful companion, R6. Since Dooku was a former Jedi, and had recently left the Order for mysterious reasons, there was no point in disguising myself.

Me: Stay here, R6. We'll need someone to watch the ship. This will be our only means of escape, after all.

She seemed to blink, to show her disapproval, but obeyed. I soon joined Anakin and Padme. She was dressed in an all-white outfit, with a coat of the same color surrounding her.

Padme: As I told Anakin, I'm the one who gives the orders. I want to avoid a war, by diplomatic means.

Me, sarcastically: I'm sure Gunray will be open to discussion, Senator.

Anakin couldn't help but smile in amusement, which earned him a glimmer of reproach from the senator. In her white outfit, with her little coat of the same color, she looked more warlike than ever.

Soon, we entered and crossed a strangely dark corridor. However, I could feel that we were not alone. It was as if eyes were watching our movements, waiting for the right moment to strike. I glanced at Anakin, who nodded, understanding the warning.

With great speed, he drew his sapphire-blue blade as soon as the shadowy invaders launched their assault. Genoese, judging by their semi-insectoid appearance and wings. I lit my purple sword and impaled one approaching, before decapitating another. Then I pushed others away with the Force before cutting another one in half as it approached. Then more came, forcing us to back off, so as not to be overwhelmed. Despite our techniques and powers, we couldn't fill the overwhelming numbers.

Soon we arrived behind the door, blade still lit. I looked away, to see a huge factory, manufacturing battle droids in a relentless, unstoppable pace. At this rate, there will be enough to lead an invasion! As my friend closed the door to cut off our attackers, I felt a strange sensation at my feet.

Indeed, I immediately felt the ground give way under our feet, soon finding us in the void. I didn't have time to hang on, as Anakin did, finding myself on the conveyor belt leading to the droid factory. Soon, Padme followed right behind me, unable to hold on any longer.

Anakin: Kyria! Padme!

Padmé rose to her feet as I watched my surroundings carefully, in a defensive posture. The machines continued their production activities, ignoring our presence. As if we were nothing to be disturbed by. This made crossing the carpet even more dangerous.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of threatening wings coming in our direction. With a quick movement, I cut one of the attackers in half, before facing others coming from nowhere.

Me: Be careful, Padme! It seems to me that they are not here to discuss around a table, for a surrender!

Padme : Really Kyria! Do you really think this is the time for sarcasm?

I instinctively stepped back to avoid a green ball-shaped beam that hit the carpet. The tremors that came nearly knocked me over. Sonic blasters....How is that possible? I turned my gaze to see two Genoese pointing their weapons menacingly in our direction.

Me: This just gets better and better...

I continued to cover the senator as best I could, while avoiding the shots from the local weapons, unable to parry them. As well as the pressure machines, threatening to flatten us. Then I had an idea, looking at one of the mechanical production arms