Chapitre 40: Kyria's love

Hi! Here is the new chapter with an expected discussion between the two lovers. After thinking about it, I put back Across in the Stars, to better highlight this feeling that both share, especially Kyria.Hope you like it. Feel free to vote (if you like it) and comment.

Shmi's point of view

So, I found myself in a small room with only the table and chairs. The rebel rulers, so brave, were hiding behind the safety of a bay window, under the eye of soldiers. As if that would help, if I really wanted to free them.

I waited patiently for my brother and sister, ignoring the hostility around me. All I cared about was Luke and Leia now. I thought of Quelan, knowing that he could lead the Angel. All I hoped was that he wouldn't be ambushed by the rebels. I didn't want to lose him, after declaring my love.

Finally, the door opened to reveal Leia and Luke entering. My little brother seemed calm, having a certain curiosity about me. I was surprised to see him in a darker outfit, as an echo of Father. As for Leia, I could still feel the conflict in her. Between her hatred for what I represent to Vader and hope. No doubt for my skills to save Captain Solo.

Me: Well, you are very quiet.

Leia: What do you want? You asked for us, here we are.

Me in a colder tone: Be careful, Leia. If I want, I can make your position in the Rebellion more unstable. So, I advise you to know how to control your resentments, if you don't want to awaken mine for your movement.

She bit her lip, knowing full well that she was beaten.

Luke: Is there anything you want to tell us? While I don't question your willingness to spend time with us, I doubt that the Alliance command wants to.

Oh dear...Luke...So pragmatic and clear headed...

Me: You have a knack for dampening the mood, you.

Luke, amused: I'd rather lower the temperature than heat it up.

Me: You may have his looks, but I know where the reasonable side comes from.

He gave me a small smile, knowing full well what I was getting at.

Me: To get to the point, I want to offer you a deal. I agree to help your...Movement...In exchange, I want to be assigned to your group. And one more condition, but it doesn't involve you.

I saw them widen their eyes, surprised by help in exchange for such a condition. Then Leia, like Father, returned to her hatred for him.

Leia: Is it to better spy on us? And what was the condition that you didn't tell us?

I rolled my eyes, sighing. I was getting really bored with the same refrain from him. My brother, more serene, seemed to notice the tension and tried to ease it.

Luke: Leia, if that were the case, I think we'd already be imprisoned in an Imperial cruiser. But I would like to know the reasons for such a condition.

Me: Do I need to explain? It's so obvious, Luke! Besides, I'm surprised you didn't ask about the second one.

Luke: Because I think I know what this is about.

I looked at him, surprised. How could he become so calm and mature, in such a short time? I soon resumed the direction of the negotiations and stared at Leia.

Me: And then, I can always be used to get a certain captain back.

I winked discreetly at Leia, who looked away, blushing. She had so much pride, it was so funny.